Christian Weddings
Options

intro

Hi!  I've seen several familiar faces here.  I've lurked for a while, and JoyMatt's post prompted me to finally say something.

FI and I have been engaged for about a year now, and we're getting married June 4, 2011.  We're having a long engagement because we wanted to wait until he finishes med school.  He wants to go into pediatrics.  I teach chemistry and algebra at a community college.

I've always been kind of hesitant about talking about my religion (one of the reasons I lurked so long before posting).  I grew up in what I'd call a generic Christian home.  I went to Sunday school and vacation Bible school when I was little, but my family never attended services.  When I slept over at a friend's house I'd go to church with the family.  I kind of interpretted things as "be nice to people and the 10 commandments seem like good rules to live by".

In college I started going to a few different churchs w/friends who had cars.  Six years ago, when I was a soph I was having a complete breakdown, and one of my Christian friends sat with my on my floor telling me that I couldn't do this alone.  That I had to ask for help.  So I prayed (put loud!) for Jesus to help me, that I accepted Him as my Savior.

FI is Episcopalian, and when I went to church with his family I realized I liked services there better than other churches I'd tried.  This is still a work in progress, but I've decided that I want to get Baptized.  When I told FI, he said that he knew I would before we got married. :)  I want to do it in Richmond, in the same church we're getting married, so I'm not sure when it will happen yet.  That's pretty much where I am right now.

Re: intro

• Options
    Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Amazing!  Good for you!  Thanks for sharing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amazing story!!! I'm so glad you posted. Welcome to the board :)
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jenn.  I think I remember seeing you around the Getting In Shape board.  Right?  I haven't been lurking or posting there much lately.  I think I got tired of the same questions over and over.  My GIS journey is still going well.  I work out regularly and try to be careful of what I eat.  I can still fit into the clothes I was wearing when I got married last year but I admit they are more snug. 

It's great to hear your story and you'll have to keep us posted.  This board is very encouraging and I think you'll like it here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards