Christian Weddings
Options

Major Checks for Us this Weekend!

Hey Ladies!

I've been a bit busy this weekend... and here are the results!
1) We ordered our invitations!!! 
2) We have selected our music!!! (Listed below)

Prelude Music (by brass quintet):
Quintet by Kamen
Largo from Dvorak Symphony No. 8 ("New World")
Rejouissance from the Royal Fireworks
Brass quintet version of "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral" (from Lohengrin)
and a few others still to be decided with brass quintet.  

Grandmothers: Evening Hymn from Hansel and Gretal
Mothers: Rondeau by J.J. Moret (Theme from Masterpiece Theater)
Bridesmaids: Rigaudon by Andre Campra (if they can't do it, our second choice is Grand March from Aida)
Bride: Wagner Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin

Vocal Solos (my uncle playing piano with live singers)
"When I Say I Do" (Matthew West) - friend of groom singing
"When God Made You" (Newsong and Natalie Grant) - duet husband/wife singers
The Lord's Prayer (to be sung by a friend of MOB who is a classically trained mezzo-soprano!!)

Recessional: Mendelssohn Wedding March, and Handel's Hornpipe from Water Music

I just wanted to post this here in case you wanted to use any of this.  We have taken a lot of time to figure out what we want.  

Next on our Check List: 
Rehearsal Dinner
Reception Music!! Gotta start on DJ's list sometime soon. 

I'm so glad I can share this with you ladies!!  Hope your WR planning is going well too!  I'd love to hear about your checks and accomplishments too!  That keeps me motivated for sure.  :-) 

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Major Checks for Us this Weekend!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats on the checks! thats awesome!!!

i got some checks too. we booked our caterer and the rental place for the chairs. (: 

we will be eating meat balls for apetizers. and for dinner: chicken, tri-tip, red potato salad, green salad, baked beans, rolls and butter with water, ice tea, and strawberry lemonade!!! (: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    amongthelilies, I want to come to your wedding! YUM!!

And Kellya, sounds great!!! Good choices.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha of course you can!!!

i am very very excited for the food! lol. and the caterer said there will be TONS of food and NONE of my guests will be hungry! (;
    and they were very afforadable and soooooo sweet! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gimme some meatballs!  Yum!!!!!! :-)

I'm so excited for your menu!  

We also figured out the cake too, and FAVORS!!!  I'll wait until we hit a "QOTW" to post those things.  I'm a bit "gushy" tonight feeling like we've accomplished so much.  

Anyone else have checks you want to share??  Go ahead!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is awesome!!!

we kinda had a panic last week and switched EVERYTHING around!

we were gonna do all the cooking ourselves but my FMIL felt it would be too stressful, so thank God we found a caterer who we LOVE!!! everything was booking in our price range. 
    my FI's grandma was gonna do our favors and our cake..but i HATED them both when she showed me what she was gonna do. but i didnt want to hurt her feelings and she was doing them for free...so i was trying to just go with it. after much talk with my FMIL we decided to tell her that i didn't really like what she had in mind and wanted to go with something else. she got her feelings hurt and long story short...she isn't doing them. so now i have to figure out favors...and we just started talking with a cake person.

i am sooooo glad we decided to go with a wedding planner...whom we ADORE! we have had soo much favor in this wedding process! My wedding planner is normally $2,000 for full service...but she only charged us $800 for FULL service! we are soo blessed! i would be LOST without her! she told us the venue, the caterer, the cake place (which i had found before...but dropping my wedding planner's name gives us a discount!), the florist, and the cash bar! (:

also the hammer dulcimer that we will be using for our ceremony music! (: 

i feel so accomplished too,  kelly! its SUCH a great feeling!

-monica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! kelly- We are having When God Made You sung at our wedding too! 

My only check this weekend is that my dad and I chose a father/daughter dance song! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards