November 2012 Weddings
Options

Color crisis :/ (PIP)

FI and I have been engaged since Aug '10. We decided pretty much immediately that our colors would be truffle, sage green, and golden with a little bit of ivory. Fast forward to now, the actual wedding year, and I'm having second thoughts. I keep seeing posts where everyone is having all these bright fun colors, and I won't lie, I'm kind of jealous. Yes, the colors we picked will be timeless and classy and such, but you only get married once and I don't want to regret the 'safe' choice. 

I'd like to keep the truffle, because it looks good on all my girls and matches the decor of our venue. (They provide linens and such and it's all brown/champagne). I'm thinking about changing the sage green to either Pool, Oasis, Malibu, or Freesia (all DB colors for comparison). My biggest issue is DB doesn't carry the right shade of green I want. The fern is too bleh, and all the others are too jewel-tone green and not nature-green. Help? :(

Pics for comparison:

Golden

Freesia

Malibu

Oasis

Pool
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
bridesmaids-2
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Color crisis :/ (PIP)

• Options
    I had the same issue.  I really wanted to do a bright apple green with brown accents.  That shade of green didn't really look very flattering on my BMs and also didn't go very well with our venue's decor.  So we ended up going with dark brown dresses and we're doing apple green and pumpkin orange as accents.  The brown dresses look great on both of my BMs and they are much happier with a neutral color since they can wear it again.

I LOVE DB's Pool shade and I think it would look fantastic with Truffle.  I do also like Golden though, if you wanted to stay more neutral and do colorful accents.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing teal, khakis, and browns....similar to the oasis....what program or site did you use to do this simulation?!?  It is awesome!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It's the David's Bridal Dress Your Wedding app thing. When you go to davidsbridal.com, there's a header bar and one of them says 'dress your wedding', and then click through and play dress up. :D

I like jade as well, but it's virtually indistinguishable from oasis on the app so I'm not going to post the pic. I'm probably going to toss out freesia and pool. Honestly, it'll probably come down to which color looks best on my MOH. 

ETA: Just picked up color swatches of Truffle, Malibu, Oasis and Jade from DB. I think Jade is winning right now. They also had swatches of all the vests from MW, and the Malibu and Jade match their counterparts perfectly. The Oasis vest is a few shades darker. but not in an ugly way. Decisions, decisions. :)

bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm loving the golden or oasis options!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TK keeps deleting my posts. >:[

Anyway, after conferencing with FI and the bridal party, we decided to go with Jade and Truffle! We'll keep ivory and champagne as accents. My MOH is actually super excited about wearing a Jade dress while all the other girls wear Truffle, and the color looks stunning against her skin. 

I can't really explain why, but this is such a huge relief. I liked the sage green alright, but it always felt wrong to me. It really clicked when my mom went out and bought some ribbon for decorating, and in my head I was screaming "NO NO NO NO". I'm so revitalized about planning now! These colors just feel so right. :D

bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really like that you're having your MOH wear a different color.  If I had a larger bridal party, I would've liked to do that as well.

I love DB's Jade with Truffle.  I think it will look great!

P.S.  TK keeps deleting my posts too.  I tried 3 times last week to post on here that we booked our honeymoon and they were all deleted.  Apparently TK doesn't want me to tell you guys that.  Haha.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've got 6 girls. 3 cousins and 3 friends from high school that I've stayed super close with.

AND NOW I KNOW YOU BOOKED YOUR HONEYMOON AND I WILL NEVER FORGET! MWA HA!

bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the Golden look! I think its so pretty together! lls31, be careful, they may delete that response now that you told us all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I prefer the Golden look myself.  :)  Just keep in mind, everyone will really be looking at you and not your BP.  If anything, you can always have more green tones added to your BP's bouquets.
  • Options
    I like golden the best personally...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    I really like DB's new color, Peacock, have you looked at that? I will be wearing that in my sister in law's wedding Sept. 1st. And the Jade is beautiful. I bought a short bridesmaid dress in that last year, had it hemmed to above the knee for a more cocktail dress look, to wear it for my sister's bachelorette party and two weddings I attended. I got so many compliments on it too. The color is great.  I like the golden too. I am doing either champagne or golden dresses.

The jade on the DB website looks more blueish than green, but it is a pretty green if you've seen it in person. This is what it looked like on me:   \\
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    Oh I just realized I wearing the same dress in my profile/thumbnail pic as well haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards