November 2012 Weddings
Options

We booked our honeymoon last night!

Anyone ever stayed at El Dorado Maroma? We have one of the suites with a private infinity pool :) Can it please be November now?

Also, does anyone have any tips about travelling to Mexico in November, or just in general?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We booked our honeymoon last night!

• Options
    stephie25stephie25 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Congrats! We booked in Rivera Maya a couple of weeks ago. Make sure you bring a big wad of ones. I'm assuming you are at an all inclusive? Everything is free, but you will find that you get much better treatment if you give them a dollar (literally, a dollar is fine) and it'smuch easier for you to bring a wad of ones then to have to worry about exchanging it. 

Get info from your hotel if you plan on leaving the resort. If you do, I suggest taking tours with reputable companies (which your resort can recommend or you can research ahead of time). I wouldn't recommend wandering around Mexico on your own, especially if you are going out drinking. Mexico is beautiful and perfectly safe if you use your head :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I agree with Stephie. If you're doing an all inclusive, definately bring the dolla bills for tips!...no need to exchange as they prefer USD, for the exchange rate. And USD are pretty much widely accepted everywhere anyway. Also, tip at the beginning of service, instead of at the end, we found you get much better service that way. (ie - when waiting for the shuttle from the airport to the resort, we got right on the shuttle, instead of waiting 1/2 an hour like everyone else, lol)
    Definately look into the tours...the Mayan ruins were amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there- when we went to Mexico it was recommended to us to have our transportation arrangements for the ride from the airport to the resort (we went to Palace Resort) made in advance. It turned out to be very good advice because the airport was a complete zoo, with a whole lot of people waving and yelling trying to get our attention so they could get our business. All we had to do was look for the men wearing khakis and red shirts who we knew would be waiting for us. It made it much easier for us and was one less thing to worry about...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    This is probably not helpful at all (especially if you're doing AI), but the last time I was in Mexico (Puerto Vallarta), I didn't realize this until the very end of our trip.  I've always been told to order bottled water in Mexico, rather than drinking tap water.  So this is what I did.  Bottled water cost around $3.  Corona cost $1.  Just saying...
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, way to go.  We still have not even tried to book anything yet.  I found a place that I am calling tomorrow that offers cheap honeymoon packages.  I know FI wants something super nice but I want something budget friendly, so we'll see.  I am excited about this place as we've never been and FI wants to experience somethign new. 

As for Mexico, never been but  but FI has traveled to Mexico before but never stayed at an AL.  I would just bring your essentials and not worry too much about anything.  We're looking at Cancun for sometime in the future. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_we-booked-our-honeymoon-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:06280f02-ef62-4ccb-a59a-4547967e1e37Post:79e9d3b7-c47f-4897-98c2-e57ce86b1af7">We booked our honeymoon last night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone ever stayed at El Dorado Maroma? We have one of the suites with a private infinity pool :) Can it please be November now? <strong>Also, does anyone have any tips about travelling to Mexico in November, or just in general? Thanks!</strong>
    Posted by ecwinter18[/QUOTE]

I agree with everyone else and make sure to ask about filtrated water on the resort or to be on the safe side, just drink bottled water.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards