November 2012 Weddings

What have you done so far?

I know it is still early but I think it would be fun to see what we have done so far in our planning process. I have booked my venue, gotten my dress, chosen most of our bridal party and told them (most are family) we just have one more bridesmaid and groomsman to ask. We are doing it on May 13. We have also met with our Priest and had our first meeting, just a getting to know you meeting, and are in the process of looking for a church. I emailed a DJ but am looking for a photographer. I have some friends who got married but their photographer ruined their wedding VIDEO and that is something you cannot re-create. I only want ones that come from recommendations because I don't want to have to deal with that. How about you girls? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What have you done so far?

• Dress
    venue
    officiant
    Started working out
    our parties are picked
    video is getting there
    photographer picked
    Working on the dj
    Started. and ruined my first DIY project so I have to redo it.
    BM dresses picked
    Working on cake
    Decided on a grooms cake
    Picked his ring
    flowers picked

Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • WOW, I feel like I am WAY behind!!! That's great that you have done all of that already!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We moved the date back 11 months which is why I have so much done
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • I have my dress Venue picked Caterer picked Photographer picked Centerpieces bought Parties picked Looking at djs and cake bakers Decided on favors and testing out recipes Designed my DIY invites, rsvps, thank you cards, website, table numbers, and placecards Made up a budget to stick to Trying to make veil and garter Decided on officiant
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chosen the groom...haha
    Picked the date and venue
    Picked the wedding party
    We have a DJ
    We have a caterer
    My ladies have agreed upon custom made bridesmaids dresses, I have begun to collect measurements and money for that
    Started to collect mason jars and other old jars for centerpieces
    Stared to collect old costume jewelry and brooches for my bouqet
    Started working out...kinda
    We have an officiant
    Meeting with a photographer tomorrow
    We also have begun to purchase bottles of liqour for our open bar (lBIG party)
    Decided upon unique style of the grooms cake
    Whew!!! I think thats it....that list makes me look a lot more prepared than I truly am!! lol

• Wow! I feel soo behind you ladies. We just picked our venue and are about to decide on an officiant. Other than that I've just been e-mailing caterers to getting pricing. I gotta get a move on lol Good luck with all your planning :)
  • We have done a few things
    *picked and booked the venue (they are doing the food and bar) -deposit paid
    *Filled out the papers for our pastor (we go to a big church so you have to get your request in early)
    *Booked the photo booth
    *Choose what candy we will use for the candy buffet
    *Started buys centerpiece vases (using 3 cyclinder vases per table with floating flowers and floting candle)
    *Checked out a few photographs but haven't picked on yet
    *picked grooms cake
    *Picked colors
    *picked church
    *Made "Will You be my bridesmaid?" cards- All the ladies said yes!
    *He asked his guys- They all said yes!

I'm sure we my have done something else but I can't remember everything
  • Date decided
    Venue
    Deposit on Venue
    Paster
    Bridal Party Picked
    Song to walk to
    Song to dance to
    Colors

That's about it.

**I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Also DJ

**I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Venue.

However, included in the venue are:
    DJ
    Ceremony location
    Ceremony Decor
    Linens
    Centerpieces (even though Mom wants to pick out new ones...whyy??)
    Caterer (will pick a menu later)
    Cake Vendor (will pick cakes later)

I thought I knew what kind of dress I wanted, until my mom and I went to try on dresses for S&G. I fell in love with a stunning lace dress that fit like a glove. I have to make myself stop thinking about it, LOL.

I also know the officiant I want. My maw-maw worked for a judge and I was actually on his campaign trail as a kid, so I'd love for him to do my wedding. Haven't ehard back from him yet, but it's not like there's a rush or anything. :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have done nothing short of set a date, budget and colors.

I'm currently taking 2 super accelerated spring classes and trying to reno the bedroom and kitchen. Once the end of June is here, we'll book the church and reception venue.
  • wow I feel so behind compared to everyone else! We have the venue booked (they do the food and cake) and the photographer. We need to book the church ASAP! I was planning on doing a lot of stuff over the summer, like picking a dress, dj, etc. We've also picked the bridal party.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Wow, I feel so behind compared to you ladies lol! I found a venue I love, but we need to figure out if its in our budget first. Also we haven't even told most of our family yet, which we plan on doing really soon! [:)]
  • Yikes, here I am thinking I ws being so efficiant already booking the venue lol. I guess we're all ahead of schedule though compared to going by the timeline here on the knot. We've picked the date, booked the venue which includes the food, linens, centerpieces and ceremony, we've also just picked the photographer and put the deposit down. I have the bridal party picked and they all agreed (my flower girls biggest concern was what if she drops the flowers, I told her I was pretty sure that's ok hehe). He has his party picked but hasn't asked any of them yet. Mostly everything is picked out though, including favors. I was going to wait before meeting with anyone else because I didn't know if was too early. Also, i'm waiting until I lose a few pounds before I try on my dress. I know they can fit it and what not but I would rather they didn't have to make too many adjustments.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

my read shelf:
    Marybeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• *Picked our wedding party
    *Bought my dress
    *Finally decided on colors-this took me forever
    *Booked our venue-and put 2 deposits down already
    *Booked our DJ
    *Just booked our Photographer
    *Picked favors
    I think that's everything, trying to get things done early so I don't feel so overwhelmed later.
     Happy Planning eveyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow you ladies make me feel super behind! lol

I have booked the

*venue, which includes the caterer and chairs and all that jazz
    *booked our photographer and videographer (together),
    *asked my bridesmaids,
    *met with the priest 3 times (already!!!!) and
    *started planning ideas about centerpieces and all that fun stuff

Working towards getting the budget packed down and guest list worked on (I am trying to cut like 30 people out!)

Good luck to everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards