November 2012 Weddings

How was your shower?

Hi all,
I had my shower over the weekend. It was really great. I enjoyed myself and felt really supported by all the ladies who showed up. I was also impressed by all the effort my MOH and friends put in to make it special for me.
 I had a lot of mixed emotions when it was over, in part I think due to some dysfunctional family dynamics/drama that's been simmering for a while, but mostly because it seemed like such a wedding milestone and now it's over! I think I can feel my stress level going up and down on almost a daily basis now...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How was your shower?

• I left thinking.....it is over already? I felt like it was a beautiful afternoon that when by very very fast.  Also, I agree with the stress it is getting to be when i think about the wedding I get nervous that all of this will come together. 
  • Glad to hear your shower went well!

My shower was on Sunday and it was amazing.  It was held at a local restaurant that I've actually never been to, but the food was delicious.  My BMs decorated the room with green, silver, and white balloons, banners, and other decorations.  They used mason jars as centerpieces with burlap and green ribbon then filled them with white mums and baby's breath - they were so pretty!  My sister and FSIL put together the most amazing dessert table and they made everything themselves. 

The shower itself was overwhelming.  There were 60 women there and I was so nervous about being the center of attention.  And it all flew by so quickly.  I'm still worried that I may have forgotten to thank some people in the blur that it was!

We ended up with three carloads of gifts, which was amazing.  I am blown away by the generosity of our family and friends!

Here are a few pictures:

21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • My shower isn't until October 13th Frown
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ours isn't until Oct 20 :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hshertenlieb and Pomundson0, that's okay - it gives you time to look forward to it!

lls31 - I was a bit overwhelmed myself and we had fewer people. 60 must have been intimidating but ~ perhaps good practice for the wedding...

I told a couple of married friends that I didn't feel like I would be that nervous on the day of and simultaneously they both said "you will be!" (um, thanks!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine was on Sunday as well! It was amazing! My girls did so much for us, I couldn't have asked for anything better! There were tons of pictures of us growing up, with friends and together. My cousin, who is a baker, made our cake and it looked exaclty like a cake I pinned on pinterest! It was beautiful! There were about 60 people there, so it was overwhelming trying to talk with everyone. And I agree, it flew by!! I told my FI this was a small taste to what the wedding will be like. We just have to try an enjoy every moment!
  • Mine is this Sunday, the 23rd.  I am so excited.  Cannot wait.  We have about 50 people invited, 30 or so confirmed.  Looking forward to my first official pre-wedding event.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Mine was two weekends ago and it went well.  There were only about 15 people, and I was worried about my family and FI's meshing.  They both pretty much just kept to the people that they knew and made small talk, but that was fine with me!  I was so surprised by all the gifts we received!  It was a great afternoon.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine was about a month ago. It was a little overwhelming because it was nearly 100 people but it was a blast. I was really overwhelmed with all the work my BMs, Aunts and MIL put into it and we all had a really emotional moment when I gave them all their hostess gifts. It was really nice! I couldn't have asked for better.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • I have 2 this weekend!  They're both with FI's family, so I'm a little nervous about being alone with a bunch of women I don't know, and I HATE being the center of attention.  But it will be nice to get away for a weekend (he is from a resort town about 3 1/2 hours away) and get to see his fam.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't get one :( Work is having one on 10/24 but nobody else has offered to have one for me. I'm kinda sad about it.
  • My first one was last weekend. It was in my fiance's hometown and put on by two ladies who have lived across the street from him his entire life. It was so sweet of them. Several friends of his mom came and his aunt and cousins from Portland came down. (My FSIL said I should feel special because they never came to any of her showers for the kids). It was smal, but good.

My big one is on the 6th here in my town. We have invited about 45 people, so it'll be large, but I'm excited. The only problem, my sister put the wrong date on the invites!!!!! She put Sunday, October 6. Oops! It's Saturday the 6th, so now we get to e-mail and call everyone to tell them the right date. Wow!
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know if I am going to get one :(  All my family is out of state and spread around the country, my in-town friends are perpetually broke, and even the people at work who mentioned it when I first got engaged haven't said anything for months.  I was hoping my casual hinting of "we are less than 2 months away" would get someone motivated but nothing yet.  I feel a little selfish, but I kind of wanted the whole experience.  I'm a BM for a friend the week before my wedding and it has been bittersweet planning her show knowing I might not have one.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_how-was-your-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:295237e9-f9c3-4a83-8a58-31398fcb919cPost:39a679ad-57c4-490b-a9e0-510c9ce2ad74">Re: How was your shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get one :( Work is having one on 10/24 but nobody else has offered to have one for me. I'm kinda sad about it.
    Posted by harr0610[/QUOTE]

Aw, maybe someone will surprise you.

I sent what I thought was a clear message that I did not want anything at work, but have heard thru a colleague that someone insisted on doing it anyway. I'm hoping it will be just cupcakes and nothing else...I feel weird mixing work & personal life (our wedding is on the smaller side and we're not inviting anyone from either workplace).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is also not until the 13th, but I am so excited!! I am having my shower that afternoon and then my bachelorette party that night so it will be a very busy and fun day! This is my only shower but it's a pretty good size. We invited about 40 people and my FI's step-mother offered to host it for me, along with help from the bridesmaids of course. She is doing an incredible job so far, it is going to be held at a Botanical Center in our city so it will be kind of fancy. MY FFIL is a photographer and is going to take pics at the shower for me. I feel really blessed to have the FI's family host such a nice shower for me because my family really can't afford to. I have already got a little emotional once when I was thanking her for all of her hard work so I am sure I will be  emotional at my shower haha. 
  • I'm glad yours was good! I'm not having one because pretty much all my family lives out of state and the wedding is in Vegas so they're already going to be spending quite a bit just to go to the wedding.

Although I hope you ladies all have/had a great one! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_how-was-your-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:295237e9-f9c3-4a83-8a58-31398fcb919cPost:6ada03dd-6d63-427e-b451-1a6e538f6683">Re: How was your shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was your shower? : Aw, maybe someone will surprise you. I sent what I thought was a clear message that I did not want anything at work, but have heard thru a colleague that someone insisted on doing it anyway. I'm hoping it will be just cupcakes and nothing else...I feel weird mixing work & personal life (our wedding is on the smaller side and we're not inviting anyone from either workplace).
    Posted by Leenie10[/QUOTE]

I feel the same - I'm hoping no one at work is planning a shower for me as we're having a very small wedding and we didn't invite co-workers either. My sister is planning my shower for the 13th and it will be a small gathering as well. I prefer the small intimate gatherings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not having one either.  None of my friends has mentioned one nor do I think any one will surprise me.  This whole wedding has me upset and wishing I wouldn't have choosen to have one.  I'm glad though that there are brides out there having fun planning theirs and enjoying their showers.  You guys deserve to be spoiled and showered with gifts Kiss

• Unfortunately mine isn't until Oct 28th...I know it's late in the game but I work rotating shift work and my MOH/BMs are also extremely busy on the weekends, including my MOH getting married this weekend.  :)  I know the date and time but they are keeping all the details from me.
  • Well I wanted to update on my shower: it was amazing.  I had a blast and it was the best day.  Could not have asked for a better bridal shower.  We had a good turnout (over 30 women and kids,..some guys even showed up but stayed outside the park for th emost part).  I got some super awesome gifts (I love them all).  And the food was amazing.  My fmil and bm's did an awesome job,
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards