November 2012 Weddings
Options

Recieving actual checks before the wedding

If you recieved a check before the wedding, are you holding onto them or are you depositing them as you get them? I am not sure what the etiquette is. We recieved one but we were going to hold onto it and wait until after the wedding. Then I was thinking that I don't want to mess up anyone check log either by waiting. What is everyone doing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recieving actual checks before the wedding

• Options
    I've read that etiquette says to deposit them right away.  We deposited checks we received already and also sent out thank you cards.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, I think we will deposit it then. I have to get my thank you cards for the wedding, I have yet to do that Frown 
    Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi  what about gifts? We just received one in the mail and I thought we were supposed to wait to open it. Sounds like no, open and send thank-you now?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You're supposed to open the gift and make sure it's not damaged or anything, then send the thank you.

You're not supposed to actually use the gift until you're married.  Unless, of course, the giver wants you to use it now.  We haven't used any shower or wedding gifts with the exception of our cookware.  And we only used that because my aunt specifically asked us to try it out.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_recieving-actual-checks-before-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:2a2636d9-6b0c-459c-8620-834df730045bPost:3cb984db-be61-46dd-b8e0-00481a0da272">Re: Recieving actual checks before the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're supposed to open the gift and make sure it's not damaged or anything, then send the thank you. You're not supposed to actually use the gift until you're married.  Unless, of course, the giver wants you to use it now.  We haven't used any shower or wedding gifts with the exception of our cookware.  And we only used that because my aunt specifically asked us to try it out.
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

This exactly!
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would deposit it or cash it and hold on to the cash.  I haven't received any money or wedding gifts yet but I know when my family come they will be bringing their cash gifts with them (as I was told).  Not sure if they will give them to me as they arrive or wait until the wedding.

I haven't actually used any shower gift yet but not because I don't want to.  I opened and packed them away a few weeks ago and am waiting for a good reason to start using them. They are nice so don't want anything to break.  I heard ettiqute is not to use items until after the wedding but around here, that is really not normal.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards