November 2012 Weddings

First Look?

Is anyone thinking of doing a first look? FI and I keep going back and forth on this and we really can't decide. I know it's the more practical thing to do, but I keep thinking that I don't want to see him until I walk down the isle.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
imageVilla

Re: First Look?

• Nope.  FI doesn't want to see me untilthe church, no questions asked.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • We are..with the ceremony and reception in the same place and beginning at 6pm, it makes sense to do a majority of pictures first and I think it's a nice moment for the 2 of us
  • No, same as Miss_2010 ~ fiance wants to see me coming down the aisle, and not a minute earlier on the day of...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto PP - FI is pretty traditional and the one thing he requested is that he doesn't see me or hear about any details until I'm walking down the aisle!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are not. but we have a few hours between the ceremony and reception for pictures. but i think i wouldnt do it either way because i wouldnt want him to see me until the aisle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are.  We are a noon wedding and our time with the photographer runs out at 3pm.  So, we'll do all formal portraits before the ceremony at 10am... doesn't bother me.  Takes some pressure out of the whole mess!
  • We can't decide either! I've always said no - I want him to see me for the first time walking down the aisle. But practically speaking, it makes more sense to do the first look. Plus it is a nice moment, and as our photographer pointed out, it allows for more relaxed pictures because you don't have as many people watching you as you might after the ceremony. I'm really torn about this!
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • Yeah, I'm really torn about it too! I change my mind daily. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • edited August 2012
    We're doing a first look but that's because we don't want to keep our guests waiting with photos after the ceremony and it was really hard to work out a schedule for a Vegas wedding because the reception couldn't be in the exact same place. Plus we want to get photos in a few different spots in Vegas too. I was sad about the decision though because I didn't really want to do it but it just fits better time wise.
  • We are doing a first look for several reasons, but most importantly because we are having our ceremony at sundown and want to get all of our pictures out of the way outside while it's still light.  Originally I didn't like the idea of seeing each other before the ceremony, but after I thought about it more I realized that I would rather have that special butterflies in the stomach moment to be just between us (and our photographer) and that way I won't feel like passing out while I'm walking down the aisle haha.  A family friend confirmed this when she told me that she wishes she HAD done a first look becuase there were so many emotions running through her when she saw her FI for the first time while she was walking down the aisle that she wishes that they had had a private moment beforehand and instead she kept worrying that she was looking like an emotional wreck in front of everyone there.  I think that my moment walking down the aisle will still be special, but I won't be quite so nervous.  Ultimately, it just comes down to personal preference.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_first-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:44e72ed8-b2fb-45e2-a7ad-14770c83602cPost:5ed0f2c7-3e55-49c1-83b7-a2def01f2916">Re: First Look?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing a first look for several reasons, but most importantly because we are having our ceremony at sundown and want to get all of our pictures out of the way outside while it's still light.  Originally I didn't like the idea of seeing each other before the ceremony, but after I thought about it more I realized that I would rather have that special butterflies in the stomach moment to be just between us (and our photographer) and that way I won't feel like passing out while I'm walking down the aisle haha.  A family friend confirmed this when she told me that she wishes she HAD done a first look becuase there were so many emotions running through her when she saw her FI for the first time while she was walking down the aisle that she wishes that they had had a private moment beforehand and instead she kept worrying that she was looking like an emotional wreck in front of everyone there.  I think that my moment walking down the aisle will still be special, but I won't be quite so nervous.  Ultimately, it just comes down to personal preference.
    Posted by puresugaar[/QUOTE]

All of this.
  • I agree with puresugaar. We're doing one for those reasons. Our wedding is at 5:30 and sunset is at 5, so in order for us to get pictures outside with the mountains, we have to do it. We also would like to spend our cocktail our hanging out with our guests and not doing more pictures. I originally didn't want to, but our photographer talked me into it. :)
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fi doesn't want to see me before the ceremony, and doesn't want to see my dress either. I'm not super traditional, but this is one I wanted to keep.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our ceremony is pretty early so not really much time for photos before then.  I wasn't super keen on the idea anyway, FI is not wanting to do it either, so we aren't :)  I'm just making sure that the photographer gets the expressions on HIS face when he sees me, not just focus on my reaction ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_first-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:44e72ed8-b2fb-45e2-a7ad-14770c83602cPost:50961859-2bad-40ec-b098-a68b84fa7bcb">Re: First Look?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope.  FI doesn't want to see me untilthe church, no questions asked.
    Posted by Miss_2010[/QUOTE]

Agreed
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI is dead set against it. Personally I think it's going to be a royal pain to keep myself and the dress hidden (we're getting married on a beach and flying/staying in a hotel together 3 days before the wedding) but he is adamant he not see anything until I'm walking that aisle so I'm going to try my best!
  • We have decided to do the first look picture as well, because our wedding and reception are at the same place and we didn't want to feel rushed.  We also wanted to spend some private moments together before the hooplah began!

We haven't decided yet if we will be doing all the formal pictures ahead of the ceremony or after.  I think it will depend on the time change and when the sun goes down.  Our venue has outside lights that look great at night, so we may do a little bit of both, before and after the sun goes down.  We are not having a cocktail hour, so we're still undecided as to what we will do right after the ceremony.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards