November 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding Coordinator Question

Hey guys, its been a while since I've posted.  I've got a question...

So, I found and met with a wedding coordinator who seems fantastic.  She sent me the contract today, and it states that I would need to pay her the full amount with the contract of $500 (keep in mind this is a day of coordinator).  My fiance doesn't like that she requires all of the money now for an event that is 9 months away.  What is normal for this sort of thing?  What do you guys think?
November 2012 Brides December Siggy - THE RING! imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Coordinator Question

• Options

I answered you on FB.  :)  But also check out reviews on this co-ordinator.  That will give you a better idea of whether she's trustworthy or not.  In my experience, I had to pay mine up front, but she did give me the option to pay in installments. 

• Options
    That does seem odd that she wants all the money up front. I would ask her if a deposit would be ok with final balance later on. Get references from her, read reviews.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    I'm a wedding planner and for day-of coordination, I charge a 25% non-refundable deposit that gets put towards your total. I'm guessing she's requiring full payment because it's such a small balance, but if the wedding is 9-months away, that seems kind of weird. :-/
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, a day of coordinator is $500? And she wants it all now. I guess I'd ask her to work with you (like giving her half now and the rest after the reception). An incentive for her to do a super job.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards