November 2012 Weddings

Bridesmaid Dresses

So I have 3 bridesmaids and 2 of them have yet to order their dresses and I'm starting to get a little stressed out by this. I told both of them that they need to order them within the next couple of weeks because it can take up to 3 months to get them sometimes and they need to have it at least a month before just in case they need alterations done.

Should I be stressing like this?! Lol

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• stephie25stephie25 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Depends, where are you buying your dresses from? David's Bridal/Alfred Angelo get them in within a couple of months, but bridal shops usually take longer. I ordered mine in April from a local bridal shop, and they won't be in until late August/early September.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • I think you still a small window of time. Like the PP said, it depends where you are ordering them from.

Give them all the drop dead date and then see what happens
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    If I was in your shoes, I would just buy their dresses for them and ask them to pay me back.  To me, it's not worth the anxiety.  
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Depends on the store.  I was in the same boat.  My MOH was the only one holding up the line on ordering her dress and the other girls were getting pissed because it would've been late Sept by the time they got in, they had to get fitted and make fitting appts, then the wedding is Nov 17 (and they had all done the required deposit 2-4 weeks earlier).  She finally ordered it after much pestering by me, and the store said the shipping date is August 30th, allow ~ 2 weeks fro delivery, so mid-Sept.  A little relief, providing there are no hiccups with delivery. 

But I understand your frustration fully.  I was 3 days off from telling  the salon to send off the BM dress order and the MOH order can go later, therefore she could deal with the repercussions of ordering late (the store wants them to be all shipped together to allow for the same dye lot...but nobody will ever notice that).  But luckily that was averted.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • They're from DB but they are Vera Wang dresses that tend to sell out quite often and that's the thing I'm worried about. The original dress we chose they waited on (even though it was on sale and would have only been $80 after the discount too) and it was discontinued so we had to change it because they waited.

We were going to buy one of the dresses but she finally messaged me saying that she can get it this weekend. Now my other bridesmaid is another story. =/
  • I wouldn't stress out about it too much but it would certainly concern me especially if alterations need to made. I gave my girls a due date and thankfully 3 out of the 4 ordered their dresses way before the due date but I had one who ordered hers on the actual due date. It didn't matter to me because as long as she did ordered it by then they would have enough time to have their dresses in and altered.

Good luck!
  • I'm a BM in a wedding the week before mine...she hasn't told me what to order yet!  I'm stressing out more about that than anything for my wedding!  Meanwhile...I picked up the BM dresses for my wedding and will be sending them to my out-of-town MOH sister today and delivering them to my other 2 OOT BMs when I see them in Boston for Labor day weekend bachelorette party.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • I was told 3 months on my bridesmaids dress and then time to ship because they are coming from pearls place, so I ordered mine like June 1st so hopefully by mid september I will have them, I want them to have time to get them altered and what not if need be! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:53c06175-ea09-4363-a836-3d509d4a235bPost:6553e609-aa6f-4a20-abb0-a963e6e01012">Re: Bridesmaid Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]They're from DB but they are Vera Wang dresses that tend to sell out quite often and that's the thing I'm worried about. The original dress we chose they waited on (even though it was on sale and would have only been $80 after the discount too) and it was discontinued so we had to change it because they waited. We were going to buy one of the dresses but she finally messaged me saying that she can get it this weekend. Now my other bridesmaid is another story. =/
    Posted by petitmonstree[/QUOTE]

Im in the exact same boat. My MoH lives in another state and I just got her to email me her phone number the other day, but she went camping with her sons, but I feel bad saying anything to her since I know she has been through quite a lot in the past couple of months and her oldest is about to be stationed elsewhere with the Marines. My BM lives in a different city and I cant get her to return my calls, shes my older sister so it really bothers me that she hasnt called me back. She is also the mother of one of my flower girls, so I know that my neice hasnt gotten her dress either......I wish I could afford to buy their dresses for them but at this point of my summer I have to save money to pay for my final semester of college and finish paying on the wedding.
    I hope that everything turns out well for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  i think this website is the best   www.kissdresses.com  
    i got it with 2 weeks , cheap but beautiful ,custom but no extra chages  ,in  word ,it is worth trying 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards