November 2012 Weddings

Music

Have any of you ladies planned your music yet?  If so, what are you going with? 

We're still deciding on some songs (especially our entrance), but this is what we have so far...

Ceremony:
- Not sure yet what the mothers will walk in to.  (Do they need separate music?)
- Bridesmaids will be walking in to "Today" by VSQ (original song by The Smashing Pumpkins)
- I will walk in to "Bittersweet Symphony" by VSQ (original song by The Verve)
- We will all walk out to "Clocks" by Coldplay

Reception:
- No idea what we're using for our grand entrance.  There will be two songs though - one for the wedding party and one for FI and me.  I would like to use Weezer somehow because they're fun and FI and I both love them.
- Our first dance will be either "Everlong" (acoustic) by Foo Fighters or "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie
- My father/daughter dance will be "The Way You Look Tonight" by Elton John
- FI's mother/son dance will be "Dear Mama" by Tupac (he is dead set on this - lol)
- I'm not sure if it's normal to do a last dance, but I want to.  So that will be "A Drop in the Ocean" by Ron Pope

We're also creating a custom playlist that will be played during dinner (our DJ suggested this as a way to incorporate our taste in alternative music).

We're not doing the bouquet toss or garter, so no songs for those.  Do we need a song for the cake cutting?  Am I missing anything else?
21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Music

• our first dance song is "all i ask of you" by Barbara Steisand, my fiance loves phantom of the opera and loves this song, but I could not get over the opera high pitch music!!! so i found this verson and I love it much much better. 

I would like to walk down the aisle to "marry me" by train (without the lyrics) I love the music and every time I hear the song i get emotional. 

Grand Entrance: Something kesha!!! I love me some kesha 

Anniversary Song: Glory of Love (my parents first dance song and they would love us to play it) 

If you choose to do: an anniversary song, dollar dance song, 
  • We will be using Vitamin String Quartet music for the ceremony as well - a mix to play before it starts, bridal party and parents are walking down the aisle to Patience, I am walking down to Tiny Dancer, and I think recessional we are using Chocolate by Snow Patrol - all VSG
    wedding party announcement - Jump
    our announement - not sure
    first dance - Have I Told you lately
    mother/song - not sure
    last song - we were talking about this last night - I want to use Never Surrender by Corey Hart - we love the 80s!
  • I haven't planned the ceremony music yet.

Reception:
    Intro - Best Friend by Queen
    First dance - (still unsure)
    Father/daughter dance- more then likely My Little Girl by Tim Mcgraw
    Mother/son- they haven not decided yet
    Cake Cutting- Sugar Sugar by the Archies
    Bouquet Toss- If you wanna be my lover by The Spice Girls (my gal pals will get a kick out of this one)
    Garter Toss- Another One Bites the Dust by Queen (can't you tell we like Queen? LOL)
    Last Song- (still unsure)

@Lis31 - Most DJ's will ask you what you would like your song to be for cake cutting but you can also leave it optional to the DJ.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:62dc3ade-1634-49d4-b8c0-3b245447adeaPost:afab50b5-2169-4662-ba67-0b601f8b5edb">Re: Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone else nervous about the first dance? I don't know why, but I'm currently dreading it
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm nervous.  I usually don't like being the center of attention, let alone in front of a huge audience.  Luckily, FI has a great sense of humor, so I think he will make our first dance fun and not as uncomfortable with all eyes on us.  </div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is anyone else nervous about the first dance? I don't know why, but I'm currently dreading it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards