November 2012 Weddings

Very frustrated

This has nothing to do with my wedding (well kind of because I wanted to be done in December) but I can't take any summer classes because I cannot get a loan. According to my college, I have exhausted my stafford loans between the Fall and Spring and that if I want a loan, I have to take a private loan out which I do not want to do. This means that I cannot begin my student teaching in the Fall because all the classes (5 of them) I was going to take in the Summer, I have to take in the Fall. My college won't let me do student teaching without finishing those first. Just to give you some history, in New Jersey, in order to become a teacher you need to be a double major, Education and something else. The classes I need to take are for my other major and these must be finished before student teaching. 

This is frustrating me because I wanted to start to look for a job in January and have something before I got married. It is hard enough finding a job in Education and I wanted as much time as possible. ugh!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Very frustrated

• Thats annoying. I'd be upset too
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • I had to leave the Education department at my school because I was getting so frustrated. I'm just a straight Math major now. I'll get to graduate a semester early (skipping the student teaching), and be able to start working at a private school that probably won't require a teacher cert, or will let me get one while I'm working.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh that's so frustrating!

I'm also currently a student (nursing) and graduate 6 months before the wedding. Currently our plan is for me to graduate and get a full time job immediately (this isn't hard at the moment hopefully it stays that way), finish getting the wedding ready and simaltaneously list and get the house ready for sale. That way we can start building as soon as we're approved for the new mortgage amount.

So I can completely understand how you're feeling, I would be devestated if something happened that I couldn't do my 10 week practicum and graduate as planned.
  • I am very upset and like you Almostmrsstrong, I am very tempted to leave the Ed department but I am a Liberal Arts major as well and am not too sure what I can do with that. One other passion I had was doing something in Fashion but most Master's in Fashion require a Bachelors in Fashion. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chrstine-Where in NJ are you, I'm a NJ bride as well. Though I was not an Education major, a lot of my friends in college were and i rememer their angst over the rules NJ places on Education majors.  You will make it through and you will be a stronger person becasue of it.  I know what the loan thing is like too, I'm struggling with paying mine back as we speak.  Good luck!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards