November 2012 Weddings

Anyone else feeling a little burnt out?

This past month I have just been so tired of wedding stuff. I don't care about looking at dresses and flowers and cakes. Right now we have been engaged nearly 18 months and when we actually get married it will be nearly 23 months. And for a year before our engagement, I was helping someone else plan their wedding. I have been surrounded by wedding for close to three years.

Any other brides going through this?

On the upside, in the middle of me typing this, FI offered to take over dealing with the caterer and rentals.
A and B
Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone else feeling a little burnt out?

• YES!! We've been engaged for almost a year already but I've barely gotten anything done because we had to change our date a few months ago. My fiance and I have opposite work hours so we barely get to communicate and when we're together we always have to be doing wedding stuff because we have so much to do still! There are just so many details to plan. Every time I think I'm going to tackle something there's like 20 more "to-dos" associated with getting this one thing done.
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • I have 4.5 months to go and only been planning since Feb/March and I'm not really "burnt out" but DEFINATLY overwhelmed.

Considering hiring a day of planner at this point. Its getting to be too much :/
  • I'm not nessicarily burnt out but I'm in a lull.  I loved doing dresses, finding venues, tastings, etc.  But invites and addresses are not nearly as fun.  Hopefully things will get more excitting when the pre-wedding parties start.
  • I burned out my fiance a couple weeks ago. I see a big lull on the horizon, but I'm afraid I won't get to enjoy it because I went overboard the weekend we met with florists. That was basically all we did that weekend. Oops.

Now the only wedding errands we have to do together are the jeweler's and actually getting the license. Also pre-marital counseling, but that's a whole different kind of "errand." I'd really like to just go to the jeweler's already so I can tell him, "Look, take a whole 20 minutes, tops, to get sized, and you never, ever again have to go out and do anything wedding-related with me on a weekend, ever again."

Don't get me wrong, there's still lots to do - Lots with clothes and stupid details like something glass for him to stomp on - but we don't have to do those together.
  • Nah I wouldn't say I am burned out.  We've only been engaged since Feb.  I do get moments when tidbits pop up that I forgot about in terms of expenses, ie: next week ordering my bridal shoes so I can actually have them in time for my dress fitting...another $125. So that is kind of disheartened, lol.  I hate the expense, but we are trying to keep it off VISA as much as we can at this point. 

I'd say I was more burned out when literally everybody I knew was getting married and all the talk I heard was wedding talk.  Being 31 and the last of everybody I know getting married, we're the last hoorah so to speak, lol.  So the wedding talk has died down, people are legit excited now!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • But on that note, if you are feeling that way there is still plenty of time before November.  Once your deposits are done, I wouldn't imagine there will be a lot to do (except invites) until these people want more of your money come the fall!  So take a bit of a break...sans wedding talk...
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • No, I'm just kinda bored.  We got a lot done early on---we've been enaged almost a year now.  So we're pretty much done with the planning and now we're just saving for our final payments.  Only 5 months to go :)
  • Take a week off.  FI asked me to do that last month (I didn't feel stressed but apparently constantly talking about planning was stressing him out).  It was great for both of us.  FI and I also have one wedding free date night a week which helps too.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • edited June 2012
    I've been engaged since August 10, 2010! I'm not burnt out on wedding stuff as I am on family drama. I don't feel like looking at stuff since pretty much everything is ready to go, but I'm sick and tired of dealing with other people's drama!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_anyone-else-feeling-a-little-burnt-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:9276a929-28bf-4c86-9e1f-896647692039Post:37f55ebb-fa41-407b-96b9-44e346d76a77">Re: Anyone else feeling a little burnt out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Take a week off.  FI asked me to do that last month (I didn't feel stressed but apparently constantly talking about planning was stressing him out).  It was great for both of us.  FI and I also have one wedding free date night a week which helps too.
    Posted by kgrawedding[/QUOTE]

We don't live together, and only see each other on Wednesdays and weekends. We don't discuss the wedding on Wednesday date night. We exchange e-mails about the wedding throughout the week, though.

I'm sure the time will come when we have to break the Wednesday rule, but it's certainly not yet.
  • No, not burnt out but I did slow down and actually 'stopped' planning for a while.  It was a nice break, although it wasn't done on purpose.  Just didn't feel the need to do anything and I was kind of over looking for catering vendors so I needed a break from that.  But I did some smallish DIY projects and ordered stuff online (labels for favors, my bands...)

Now I am back into the planning.  I am not so into the calling around anymore, I just wish I could find the perfect caterer and dj already without making a million calls but it has to be done.  But at least I am looking forward to booking these things.  Also going to see about the officiant and ceremony site so I can have that checked off.  Then I can focus on just the smaller things.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards