November 2012 Weddings

Can late November be considered Winter??

Are there any other November brides doing a winter theme? We really wanted a Winter wedding, but didn't want it to be too close to Christmas, and Thanksgiving weekend holds special meaning to us. We are getting married on Nov. 24th! 

Is it weird to do a winter theme in Nov. when a lot of brides are still doing Fall? I love Fall too, but we started dating in the Winter and have a lot of fond memories of winter. I figured that once Thanksgiving is over, and Black Friday comes, everyone is looking straight ahead towards Christmas and Autumn is far behind them (Even though Winter doesn't technically start until Dec 21st).  

We are planning to get engagement photos this Winter in the snow. I don't want a crazy winter theme with snowflakes (or Christmas-like things) everywhere at the wedding, but I also don't want to see a drop of orange/Fall. Bridesmaids dresses will be Champagne/gold with dark purple flowers.

I know it's still Fall, but hey, last year (in Philadelphia where we live) it snowed on Thanksgiving day and a couple years ago it snowed a lot the day before Halloween. Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards