November 2012 Weddings

Floirst?

Within a few months of getting engaged we had our venue and DJ picked out, because in our area if you don't act soon, they book super fast! We also have our photographer and I recently picked my dress. Im j/w how far in advance do you normally pick and meet with a florist? Anyone have any input?

Re: Floirst?

• My sister is getting married in July and she had her florist appointment last month.  I went with her and inquired about my wedding as well.  They told me to come back in February.

I actually ended up deciding against real flowers once I saw the quote they gave my sister.  I had NO idea flowers were that expensive!  My sister is still planning on doing real flowers, but she still hasn't booked anything for her July wedding.

So I'd say sometime between February and March, maybe even a bit later.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think you should start looking now. My wedding is Nov. 9th and my first appointment with the florist is Jan. 14. I'm trying to do everything early so two months to my day I can be relax, everything paid for and just waiting.
  • I haven't done anything but booked and starting paying for my venue. I am so happy to hear that the florist told you to wait! After reading how much everyone has done already, I was beginning to feel SO behind. I really wanted to wait until after the new year to start getting serious into the planning and DIY stuff.
  • I'm a little crazy and I had my flowers booked in March. But I am pretty sure that Feb and March would be more than enough time.
  • DonnaBrideDonnaBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just decided I am going to use Bloomsbythebox.com and make my own bouquets and boutonierres. My venue makes table arrangements so that is really nice I don't have to worry about that! Blooms is cheaper than any other online wholesaler and they have everything I want so I picked them. I figure it is something fun the bridesmaids and I can do the day before the wedding becuase I love being creative. I heard Bloomsbythebox.com is great so I am pretty excited! I think I have to place my order a month in advance but I have been obsessing over the site and blog picking flowers for a couple months already lol.
  • I just met a florist last week and she is getting back to me with all the info. I met with her, told her and showed her what I wanted, discussed prices and she is going to see if she can work with my budget. She said she could so we'll see: if she can, I will be getting all the table centerpieces done by her, the bouquets, boutinnaires, flower girl basket and rose petals. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards