November 2012 Weddings

Ok, first big stress...

So my FI and I have asked our friends and family to be in our wedding. Now, back when my mother got married in the 80s, you asked people who you grew up with to be in your wedding regardless if they know your FI. I have a male cousin who, yeah, I grew up with but once he hit about 16 or so (he is younger than me by almost 3 years) I was about 19, we really weren't close or anything. Like now when we see each other on family holidays or gatherings its fine. It's not that we don't get along, we just aren't close or anything, He also barely knows my FI other than a few times they have met and gone to the gym together (Twice to be exact). It's not like we talk daily or text often. I barely hear from him. Now for the stressful part. I am getting heat from my mother about making him a groomsman. I don't really agree because he has not been apart of our relationship outside of holiday's or important family gatherings. My FI doesn't agree either but due to pressure, he agreed. We have not asked him (my cousin) yet but now it's been bothering him (my FI) a lot to the point where he does not want to ask him. He does not think that someone who has not been apart of us should stand up there in front of God to take that final sacrament. I know once we bring this up to my mother, this is going to cause a huge fight but I can't say I disagree with my FI. How should I handle this? I would love to hear all opinions please!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards