November 2012 Weddings

My venue is about to turn me into a bridezilla!!!

Alright, I have to complain right now because I'm getting so frustrated! When we booked our wedding, the guy who was our contact was amazing! He responded to e-mails immediately and was so easy to work with. Well, he got a job at another resort, so there is a new girl in town. She's worked in the catering department for the resort for years, so she knows how stressful weddings are. Well, I e-mailed her on August 28 to schedule a tasting and time to meet and iron out the details of the wedding. She responded on the 1st telling us how they do tastings and a few other things. Well, I responded on the 3rd and have not heard back from her!!!!!! We are now under 2 months, I just met with my florist and had to give guesses for some of her questions because the venue hasn't responded and there are other vendors needing questions answered! Ugh! I am so frustrated right now! I am about ready to go over this lady's head to let them know she isn't responding! I also work for the resort, so I do know the head honchos. Any tips on how to handle this? 

Oh, I did send another message on Monday asking if she had received my message, still nothing. I know they're busy with weddings right now, but I am paying good money to have mine and it's coming up! Ugh!
imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
Photobucket
The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
243 Invited image
172 Can't wait image
71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My venue is about to turn me into a bridezilla!!!

• Call them, don't just email. I find that helps a lot b/c they can give you the attention right then.

What types of questions did you have to guess with in regards to your florist?
  • Phew! She e-mailed back not long after the post! Of course, the week she wants to do it, my FI has to be in court for work all week, so we can't do it until the first week, which puts us just over one month, but that should be okay.

We need to figure out seating/table options (luckily my florist is amazing and we got it mostly figured out), I need to know how they do the cocktail hour and what I need for decorations, talk food and alcohol (my FI is very concerned about the alcohol, haha!), and just info for telling the vendors what they need to know. Most of mine have been to the venue before, but my dessert hasn't. She said we could set up a conference call time before the tasting to hammer out things that I need to get now. I'm feeling a little better. :)
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad she gt back to you.  But I would just call her next time you had a question. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards