November 2012 Weddings
Options

First glimpse?

So since my ceremony begins at 4, and sunsets around 445 in southern NJ around the time of year as my wedding, that doesnt leave much time for outside pictures after the ceremony....which I definitely want since the grounds are so beautiful. My photographer suggested haviung our pictures taken outside before the ceremony....but Im a little old fashioned and liked the idea of my FI seeing me the first time walking down the aisle.....so she suggested a "first glimpse" which is something she does to give us a special moment to see eachother for the first time on the big day. She brings us out on the grounds....just us two and lets us have a little moment before the photo session begins. In reality, it makes sense.....no rush through photos....no starving bridal party that rather be in the cocktail hour...and this way we as the bride and groom can partake in cocktail hour greeting our guests which would save us precious reception time. Part of me still would love to see Chris's face when he sees me coming down the aisle for the first time, but I think this sounds a lot more realistic and a lot less hectic. Anyone ever heard of this new age method, or are doing it themselvs?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards