November 2012 Weddings

XP: ideas/tips on cancun?

The FI and I had wanted to stay away from Mexico for our HM since I had been quite a few times, but now the prospects of buying a new house has become more important to us than spending a whole lot of money on a HM. We were thinking of skipping one, altogether, but I feel like I would regret that if we did. My parents have a time share at Avalon resorts, one in Isla Mujeres, Mexico and two different resorts in Cancun. Their time share would save us TONS and allow us to afford a honeymoon! We went to the resort last yr in Isla Mujeres so we don't really want to go back there so soon. I've been to Cancun when I was 18 or 19 and I loved it, because mostly everyone there seemed college-age like myself. Im wondering if I'll still enjoy Cancun in my late 20's? I know it has a lot to offer people of all ages, j/w if anyone has been recently and how they liked it?

Re: XP: ideas/tips on cancun?

• lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I've never been to Cancun, but we also considered using FI's parents' timeshare to go there for our HM.  When we were originally trying to decide where to go, I talked to a friend of mine who is a TA.  I was concerned about Cancun being more of a spring break location than a HM destination.  She told me that many people go there for HMs and that it can also be very romantic.

We ended up deciding against the timeshare.  We wanted to do an AI resort and the additional fees for that were RIDICULOUS.  Be sure you look into that if you're looking to book AI.

Not sure what your views are on cruises, but that's what we ended up going with.  We're saving a TON of money by doing that.  We're also planning on buying a home and that is our priority over an expensive honeymoon.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards