November 2012 Weddings

***avondale16***

I remember seeing somewhere on TK boards that you're a MUA - at least, I think it was you!  Would you mind giving me some advice?  I posted this on the beauty board as well.

I'm having my makeup done by a local MUA.  I had my trial and I loved it (I'm doing airbrush).  The only issue I had was the mascara.  My eyes are very sensitive.  I had my trial done in the morning and left makeup on all day.  By dinner time, my eyes itched so badly from the mascara.  Ever since, I've been searching for a good mascara that doesn't kill my eyes, so my MUA can use that instead of her mascara.

I don't normally wear mascara often, but I always had a tube of Covergirl LashBlast on hand when I needed it.  I had no itchy eyes when I wore it.  I didn't love LashBlast though. It didn't separate my lashes well and kind of got clumpy.  I've tried several other brands and I either don't like the results or I do like the results and my eyes itch.  My absolute favorite so far is Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes.  However, it's not waterproof (I can't win!).

Do you have any suggestions on other brands to try that are waterproof and hypoallergenic?  I don't want to spend a lot of money on mascara since I don't really wear it often.  I have long lashes as it is - I just want the mascara to separate and volumize my lashes.  
21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ***avondale16***

• Yes I am a MUA! And I'd love to help :) I actually use CoverGirl lash blast *Volume* (the orange tube) on all my brides. Mostly for all the reasons you've given, its cheap and I go through mascara the quickest in my kit, it comes in waterproof (which is a must, obviously) and it has yet to bother a single person I've used it on. But I do agree, it's not the greatest mascara ever, I just stick with it for my kit because it has yet to cause issues.
    My favorite drustore mascara's are Loreal Collagen, Rimmel Glam'eyes and I also have tried and like the Loreal Million lashes and that one is definitely good for non-clumping. I've also really liked the Loreal beauty tubes, great for length and volume! I don't know for sure if all of these are hypoallergenic (and I think all of them come in waterproof) but I do have fairly sensitive eyes as well and they haven't caused that problem for me. But what I would suggest is buying one, trying it out, if you don't like it/it makes your eyes itchy you can actually return or exchange it at most drugstores or walmart with your receipt, even if open and used. They usually have a makeup satisfaction policy, that way you won't be stuck with 5 mascaras you only used once.

My ALL TIME favorite mascara, which I am saving for last because it is not cheap, is Lancome Definicils. I'm pretty sure it comes in waterproof and I'm not sure about the hypoallergenic but since it is such high quality I would assume it wouldn't have that problem. I absolutely LOVE it, and suggest it to all my brides who ask for mascara recommendations. If you're interested in trying it but don't want to waste money since, like you said, you may not use it all that much, try going by a counter and asking for a sample if they have them. If they don't ask them if they could apply it to you and see how it feels and how you like it and if it works for you I would definitely suggest making the investment! Especially if you don't wear mascara everyday, it will last you much much longer!

Well, hope I could be of some help :) let me know if you have any other questions and what you end up going with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Thank you so much!  I will try out some of the ones you suggested!
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I couldn't find the Rimmel mascara in waterproof, but I did buy a tube of the Million Lashes mascara.  I just put it on not too long ago, but this stuff is amazing!  Hopefully my eyes are still itch-free by the end of the day!  Thanks again for your recommendations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards