November 2012 Weddings
Options

Good Idea or No?

So for our wedding I wanted to do a collage of my FI and I. I was thinking I would have one posterboard with all his pictures from when he was born up until we met and then on a different posterboard doing the same for me. 

Then I was thinking I would have a third one to put in the middle, of all the pictures of us including some of our engagment photos seeing how this would be a great chance to show them to everyone. Wouldn't this be a great idea to get people up and looking at some funny pics of us and get guests talking to one another? His family is from Mass and all mine are from Maine so they haven't ever met one another.

What do you think???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Good Idea or No?

• Options
    I am doing something similar. We got two really big collage frames (for a super good price) and I am going to put photos of him growing up in one frame, and me in the other.
    Then, our centerpieces are actually photo luminaries that I'll be using engagement photos and photos of us since we started dating through the wedding.

• Options
    It sounds like a really good idea if you're into that sort of thing.

My fiance and I are just not DIY people. Example: Yesterday, the florist gave us an estimate, but it didn't include the vases. As a budget florist, she assumed we'd want to track them down to save money. We might just write back and say, "We don't want to be bothered searching online for exactly these vases, and we don't want to have to store them. You do it and bill us." We're blessed in our parents have given us a pretty generous budget.

Counter example: I'm getting bored with wedding planning. We only have 1 more errand. I'm day dreaming about favors, which we always said we'd skip, just so I have something to do. At first, my fiance was against favors. Really, though, he was against making favors late into the nights the week before the wedding. He says we can do favors if they're cheap and done way ahead of time.
  • Options
    If you think its a good idea, go for it.  I have seen it done, but on a smaller scale.  ie: just a few pics put into a smaller frame on the guestbok table.  Or if you're doing a slideshow, that is a good place to incorporate the pictures and then everybody has to take notice. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    Another thought might be a digital frame. If you can afford it, it may be easier. We are doing a table with Parent's and Grandparents wedding pictures, and my aunt (who is very into pictures) is working with my future father in law(also super into pictures)  to load pictures of us throughout our lives into a digital frame that will sit with those pictures. The same general idea. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Options
    I like the digital frame idea, I'll have to look into that. I never think of those things. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Friends of ours had to have a back up tent set up for their drinks and desserts since it was really hot. They decorated the inside of the tent by stringing up twine and using clothespins to hang pictures on them. It looked awesome!
    A and B
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing something like that but we are doing a digital slide show, our reception place has a tv in the bar and we want to put it there. 
  • Options
    I like it.  We're doing a slideshow.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards