Washington-Seattle

Am I crazy? Seattle in October

So we really want an outdoor wedding in the fall in Washington-we are looking at October 7. Are we crazy to think the weather will most likely be fine-just a little chilly?

Looking at doing an outdoor ceremony (small and quick one) with an indoor reception, but looking for somewhere that may be able to hold an indoor ceremony at just in case. 

Just want to get things straight before I start making the exact plans! TIA!

Re: Am I crazy? Seattle in October

• jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would have a good backup plan just in case...rain tents, or an indoor location at your site. october is pretty iffy.....even may/june/july/august is iffy..so i'd definitely be weary.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try to organize an outdoor ceremony in WA in October, but you will really, really need a Plan B.  Are you looking for somewhere in Seattle, or Western WA?  The weather on this side of the mountains is pretty wet in the Fall/Winter.

September tends to be a lot more "dry" and the weather is a lot better than October imo.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'd say to be careful trying to plan anything outdoors, especially in any month other than July/August. Actually, our wedding is end of August and I still booked the Grand Willow because if the weather does turn on us, we can have a gorgeous inside ceremony as well. Good luck and happy planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My wedding is in May, just as risky, and I've scheduled the ceremony at Volunteer Park and the reception at Blue Ribbon Cooking.  BR sets up the ceremony, yes at the park, as part of their wedding package and only needs a few hours' notice to move it inside.

Our invitations have a smaller footer at the bottom that states, "Ceremony will be held at Blue Ribbon in the event of rain."

A fall outdoor wedding would be gorgeous!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

The beginning of October is beautiful. I'd go for it but either plan a tent or have a backup plan. OR, be ok if it rains and you will get wet. :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought of doing a mini 'destination' wedding on the Eastern side of the state?  Cave B Inn is gorgeous in October and Wenatchee has tons of beautiful wedding locations that are stunning in the fall.  It's much drier over here and the threat of getting rained out is almost nil. :)
  • edited December 2011
    ANY weekend in Seattle is a crapshoot. I got married in Volunteer Park at the end of September in 2010, and the weather was PERFECT. The weekend before? Rain. The weekend after? More rain.

We lucked out, big time--and you better believe we had a backup plan so we could be inside if the weather had been icky.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the responses ladies. 

ShannonP-we did consider things farther east but we are already traveling to WA from CA so that FH family doesn't have to travel. So not only would we have to travel far east from SeaTac but so would the rest of my family flying in, so Seattle is really the best for all we think.

So on that note, we have actually just decided to have the ceremony and reception at the same indoor hall to avoid any of the hassle, and we won't have to rent chairs for the ceremony so it will be cheaper!

Thanks for the help everyone, I was really set on outdoors in the fall but sometimes you just have to compromise :)

Maybe we'll get lucky and the weather will be nice and we can have a small BBQ get together or something after the wedding-we'll see!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sure if you find a great photographer and it's nice outside you could do some on location pictures at a park or something. :)  Best of both worlds. :)
  • drice1017drice1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Moon Mansion in North Bend on oct 15th. They have a amazingly beautiful outdoor area overlooking a mountain landscape, as well as a indoor ceremony space (150 max) and a big tent for reception or just incase. Its about 45 mins from sea-tac, If that is in your area you should definitly check it out. Its pretty reasonably priced and you can have your own caterer (which was a must for us). Plus, they owners are really nice and helpful, they genuinly want you to have an amazing wedding!

themoonmansion.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards