Washington-Seattle

Insure your jewelry.

So, last night I learned a VERY valuable lesson.  Insure your jewelry.  Just before bed I suddenly felt that the amethyst stone to my engagement ring was no longer in my ring.  Panic set in and F and I tore apart our bed.  I often play with my ring so I knew I'd had it last in our house.  Sadly, we didn't find the stone.

I have my jewelry insured, it was the first thing I did after we got my ring.  The result is I'm able to replace the stone (and not have to pay for it.)  However that doesn't mean that I'm sad at the loss of the original, and that I can't wear my ring right now.  I've got my promise ring on my left hand in it's place, but it's not the same. 

Someone suggested a replacement ring and even the thought of getting a different type of stone doesn't feel right.  This is MY engagement ring, I don't want anything else.

But the lesson I learned: always make sure to insure your valuables.  So if you don't have your ring insured, please get it insured!

Re: Insure your jewelry.

• oh no!  I'm sorry you lost the original stone, but I'm glad you are able to get it replaced!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • I put my big girl boots on and didn't cry.  But I certainly am upset.  It looks so sad without the stone in it.  All I could think was that I was glad I didn't have my grandparents' engagment ring, so that I didn't lose THAT stone!
  • My aunt just lost the diamond in her ring last night and she hasn't found it :( I'm glad yours is insured. Mine definitely is, too. It was super cheap to add it to our homeowner's insurance :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards