Wedding Woes

Okay, I'm miffed

So, last time my MIL stayed at her house I let her use my air mattress.When I got it back, it didn't come back in it's bag and was rolled up with it's cover accompanying it in a trash bag.  No big deal, I noted the bag was missing, was slightly annoyed but figured I could buy a new one, whatever.  Washed the cover.  Put it away.I just unrolled it since I'm having a house guest.  It is TRASHED.  There is mud on it, dog hair, stains, etc.  I don't even know WTF some of it is.  I've been vacuuming it trying to get it at least not hair filled.I called MIL, b/c I was confused about WTH happened.  That's when I found out that, unbeknownst to me, my BIL then used it.  I don't care really that he used it, big deal. However, apparently his sleeping mate was his muddy Great Dane.  Apparently, it galavanted all over this town when he and his wife were, in various houses with various animals before I got it back.I was just like, Okay.  Huh, well I guess I can get it cleaned up.  So she starts trying to make excuses.  One of which is, Oh they thought it was mine, so they didn't care.  I was like, Um, no.  They are both in their late 20s and can't take care of something that they're BORROWING from someone else?!  Screw that.  She then offered to buy me a new one.  I was like, No, if anyone should offer to buy me a new one, it's them.  They just won't be welcome to borrow this from me anymore.I'm not saying anything to them, b/c really I'm just annoyed, not overly pissed.  It was like $50 @ Target, not enough to start a family row over.  But seriously, WTH?

Re: Okay, I'm miffed

• edited December 2011
    how inconsiderate.  i can see where BIL got his manners.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I have no doubt that little BIL was taught not to destroy other people's things.The problem arises b/c little BIL was never disciplined for destroying them in the first place.  MIL just wiped up after him and continues to do so as an adult.  Both of them are farkin' idiots IMHO.I know I tend to be harsh on both of them, but I get so tired of it.  The last thing she busted out on me was, Oh, [little BIL] is thinking about law school too!  Oh, I think he's interested in environmental law too!  Oh, maybe you should talk to him about the LSAT!  MFer, he doesn't even have an undergrad yet.  *eyeroll*
  • LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is careless and rude.  H would flip if his siblings pulled that sh!t with something of mine.  $50 or not, someone needs to be smacked upside the head.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What a load of crap.  Any chance of calling BIL out about it?
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's weird she lent it to someone else. It wasn't hers to lend.
    edited December 2011
    6, it honestly isn't worth it.  In the end, I should be able to get it cleaned up and if not, I can buy a new one.  If I say anything, it'll just be more of "Varuna's the big bad meanie of the family."  Which, quite frankly, I'm okay with but I try not to push all the time.  And really, he's not here anymore.  If/when he ever comes into town again he probably won't even drop by to say hello ro call, so why bother.  I'll get what I want in the end, which is to not loan him anything.I'm just miffed. 
    edited December 2011
    CW, me freakin' too!I've been racking my brain trying to remember if she asked me and I really don't remember her doing that.  B/c, in all honesty, I would've said no.  I know how he is.But, she could've asked DH, who could've said yes, and forgot to tell me.  So, that's a battle I'd rather stay out of.  I don't care if it's family, the owner still needs to be asked.
  • edited December 2011
    "He thought it was mine" That makes it okay?She should have made sure it was cleaned before returning it to you.We had family friends spend the night a couple weeks ago with their 19 and 21 year old kids. Their mom asked if they needed to bring an air mattress and I told her the kids could sleep on the couches. I should have known better. As soon as they rolled out their sleeping bags out rolled grass, dirt and small rocks from a previous camping trip. H was pissed. From now on, the kids sleep on the floor or outside.I shouldn't even call them kids, but that's how they behave.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards