Washington-Seattle

**trishaselby**

hey, I asked a question in your hair/make-up tips post, but it's on the next page now and I realized you might not see it.  anyway, I had a question about the baking soda thing - do you add it to the bottle each time? (because it goes away so you just keep adding it) or do you take some out, mix it and then get in the shower to wash your hair?  I try not to be too hard on my hair (rarely blow dry etc), but I do like to straighten my hair now and then and it's not very good for it so it's good to know some things I can do for it. thanks!

Re: **trishaselby**

• edited December 2011
    Amandasaw- Thanks I did not see your post yet. You just mix a little baking soda about a teaspoon with the shampoo in your hand and then wash it. Then you can use conditioner regularly. That's great that you rarely blow dry your hair, Unfortunately, I really have to. I hope you find this tip helpful! :)
  • amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! I'm looking forward to trying it. I don't blow dry my hair mostly because I'm lazy and no one cares at school/work (grad school./lab), which is actually sad because I enjoy being girly. Also, my hair is in the middle where I have to force it to be straight or force it to be curly and it does both well, but it's a lot of work, so it's easier to put it up. ugh. sorry for the mini rant lol

good luck growing your hair out!

PS another thing I tried to do before the wedding was use cuticle oil at night. I was told that that actually can help your nails since it keeps the whole area moist, rather than using a 'nail strengthening' nail polish or something.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the information! Good luck in graduate school and your lab! I just survived it and now I temporarily work with preschoolers so I don't get that dressed up either. That can wait for when I'm a real teacher!
  • amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I image that someday I'll be a grown-up who wears real clothes... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards