Washington-Seattle

Bored at work... 20 questions!

I thought this might be fun... or kill some time at least... and it might help getting to know each other a little better.

1. what is your wedding date?
2. what are your colors?
3. small, medium or big wedding?
4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc)
5. how many BMs & GMs?
6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, golf course, etc)
7. flowers you are using?
8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc)
9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc)
10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI?
11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long?
12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc)
13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)?
14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding?
15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP?
16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done?
17. describe your dress?
18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc)
19. # of guests?
20. What kind of engagement ring? (Halo, solitaire, etc)

Re: Bored at work... 20 questions!

• ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wowie...yeah, this will kill some time.

1. Wedding Date: Nov 6, 2010
    2. Colors: emerald, black, gold, red
    3. Wedding Size: medium (75-100)
    4. Special decor: Well, it's Broadway themed
    5. Wedding Party: 3 on each side.
    6. Location: Sactuary at Admiral in West Seattle
    7. Flowers: Mostly red roses and burgundy calla lillies
    8. Dreading: Umm...my dad.... and how he will cause drama with my mom's family. My FI's parents are divorced as well. Joy.
    9. Excited: Honeymoon (New Zealand, here I come! God, I need to get away)
    10. Planning: I love planning things and so am taking on most of it myself, although FI is pretty heavily involved and my mom wants to be more involved.
    11. Honeymoon: Australia and New Zealand ... for 17 days (right up until Thanksgiving) ... and it can't come soon enough.
    12. Cake: Haven't even broached this subject, but if I had to pick now, why indeed it would be red velvet cake.
    13. Planning Annoyances: Sometimes I feel like FI is butting into my planning...naw, just kidding. :)
    14. Unique: I think the Broadway theme is unique. See bio for ideas I have.
    15. Night Before: Undecided, but I think what would work best is if we were somehow able to have an early check in of our honeymoon suite, then the BMs and I can use it to get ready.
    16. Planning: I LOVE it!! Of course, I have ten months to go, so things may change...
    17. Dress: My dress (in bio) is a lacey princess cut with material gathers and sparkles. It has a gorgeous train, but when it is bustled, it looks like the train never existed. I'm considering adding a sweatheart neckline and an ivory sash.
    18. Ceremony Decoration: Haven't really planned this yet, but I'd say flowers and tulle on the chairs lining the aisle. Maybe a red carpet...
    19. Guest Count: 75-100
    20. Ring: Wedding ring? It's my FI's great-grandmother's. It matches my engagement ring from her (in bio), but with three smaller round cut diamonds.

K, that didn't take long enough...but I'm looking forward to hearing others' responses! Thanks for this.
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• edited December 2011
    I'm a newbie so I'll have limited answers but thought I'd give it  a shot (procrastinating real work)

1. what is your wedding date? 03/19/11
    2. what are your colors? shades of green, black and deep purple accents
    3. small, medium or big wedding? medium
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc) thinking about damask maybe
    5. how many BMs & GMs? probably 3 on each side
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, gold course, etc) I would love a "gold" course - that sounds awesome and flashy. :-)  We'll be doing all indoors (it's march after all).
    7. flowers you are using? lots of green - hoping for jade roses and green hydrangea with some white for mine  - deep purple and green for BMs 
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc) the cost, the guest list not being inclusive enough of branches of the family, living up to expectations (I need to let that one go!).
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc) marrying FI of course, but probably the honeymoon!
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? input from FI definitely, planning details with MOH (sister) and BM best friend
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? debating between Carribean, inland Italy, or meditteranean cruise
    12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc) love red velvet, but we might not have cake
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? not yet but it's sure to come! probably from the mother's
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? it will have lots of us built into it, off season, and maybe no cake
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP?  I would like to
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done? I love it, but I have a feeling that as it gets closer I'll be wanting the planning part to be over.
    17. describe your dress?  no idea yet - need to drop some pounds so I can fit into something.
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc)  would like to make those tissue pomador (sp) things
    19. # of guests? 125-150
    20. What kind of ring? (Halo, solitaire, etc) E-ring is white gold halo gorgeousness with princess center stone, split pave band, two tiny baguettes on the split; wedding band will be white-gold contoured pave on half. 
  • edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? 7/10/10
    2. what are your colors? Main: wine red & ivory/white, Accent: lavender & gold
    3. small, medium or big wedding? Medium
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc) Nope.  I was going to try to do some Thai sort of stuff, but it was becoming a royal PITA, so I'm leaving it as is.
    5. how many BMs & GMs? BMs: 3, GMs: TBD
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, gold course, etc) Outdoors, garden
    7. flowers you are using? Roses, calla lilies, and orchids.
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc) My family embarassing me.  Sad to say, but somewhat true. 
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc) PARTY!!!!
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? Mostly alone. *sigh*
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? Likely Hawaii, 7 days.
    12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc) top: tiramisu, middle: chocolate w/cherry mousse, bottom: lemon w/ blackberry mousse
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? FI when he says he doesn't care then pipes up about something down the road.  Oh yeah, and my mom constantly questioning why I'm spending $$ on what I'm spending it on.  I've stopped talking to her about details.
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? Ice cream sundae bar!!!!
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? possibly - I will be staying at a hotel the night before.
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done? I think a bit of both.
    17. describe your dress? Sweetheart strapless, A-line, wrapped waist, chapel train, white.  Lots of embroidery and beading on top, fairly simple on bottom.  Corset back.
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) Rose petals and petunia baskets.
    19. # of guests? 80-100
    20. What kind of ring? (Halo, solitaire, etc) E-ring: Marquise center diamond with round channel set diamond sidestones graduating in size.  W band: Round channel set diamonds graduating in size.  White gold on both.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Archel I am so jealous of your honeymoon! That's so awesome!! I know what you mean about Planning Annoyances: FI thinks I am out to spend the most amount of money possible, but he doesn't know how much things cost. I kind of put him in his place last time so hopefully it doesn't come up again. I went from caterers giving us $2500-5000 quotes to local restaurants giving us $500-1000 quotes. And my dress was only $600. He just doesn't know...

1. what is your wedding date? 7/24/10
    2. what are your colors? Black, white, green & pink
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc) damask & chandelier
    5. how many BMs & GMs? 5 on each side
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, gold course, etc) outdoors @ a Manor
    7. flowers you are using? Anemones, football mums, hydrangeas, chrysanthemums, it’s all a little undecided still.  
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc) Having enough time. The venue rental is from 4-10. that is for both the ceremony & the reception.
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc) Seeing each other for the first time all dressed up (as I enter the ceremony)
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? I am planning it with my MOH.
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? Undecided…
    12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc) Carrot cake on top, then red velvet.
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? Not for me. Everyone’s really supporting it.
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? I kind of want to do a vintage theme but make it fun. The guys are not going to be wearing suits or tuxes. They will just be wearing black pants & a dress shirt with bright green ties and black/pewter checkered vans. We are also going to have those sour gummi rings as favors, yummy.
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? @ hotel the night before. We all live about ½-1 hour away from the venue & it will just be easier if we are all together.
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done? I love planning it. Although, it can be stressful, it’s all worth it. I have no idea what my focus will be on after the wedding…
    17. describe your dress? Strapless, a little lower in the back, the bodice is covered in pearlescent beads. A-line dress, from the bodice the dress falls to the floor in pleated chiffon, it’s ivory. My boobs look great! Lol
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) I think I might line the aisle in petals… I want it to be simple.
    19. # of guests? 75-90
    20. What kind of engagement ring? (Halo, solitaire, etc) halo or pave, single stone, princess cut.

• K2snowbunnyK2snowbunny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? July 30, 2011
    2. what are your colors? coffee brown, pink and ivory/cream
    3. small, medium or big wedding? ummmm, medium? 100-120 ppl
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc) coffee beans in the centerpieces probably
    5. how many BMs & GMs? 2 of each
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, gold course, etc) indoors, haven't figured out the exact venue yet
    7. flowers you are using? I am not really into flowers so whatever looks good and is inexpensive
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc) the cost
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc) looking at all the pictures afterwards
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? mostly with my mother and FI
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? a 7 night cruise in the Caribbean!
    12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc) our favorite: vanilla with raspberry filling
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? FI's grandma has lots of ideas and likes to give her opinion but so far she hasn't influenced things too much
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? I can't really think of anything
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? undecided
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done? So far I am enjoying it.
    17. describe your dress?  Not looking at dresses until fall but I know I want something strapless and with a fuller skirt
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) not sure yet, probably something simple
    19. # of guests? 100-120
    20. What kind of ring? (Halo, solitaire, etc) round solitare in white gold

imageIAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? 7/17/10
    2. what are your colors? Burnt Orange, Dark Purple and Burgundy
    3. small, medium or big wedding? Is 150 med or lrg? I guess lrg?
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc) No
    5. how many BMs & GMs? 5 BM's and 5 GM's
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, gold course, etc) Indoors, at Tulalip
    7. flowers you are using? Wow, Belles of Ireland, chocolate roses, a few tropical for the altar, some large burgundy and burnt orange and purple sunflowers, a ton more that I don't know the name of! Ah!
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc) Cost is always on my mind, but the main one is being up in front of all of those people and feeling vulnerable. I HATE that! I don't like crying in front of people, unfortunately, a wedding is a spotlight event... :P
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc) Marrying FI, and partying with all my friends and family!
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? FI, and Mom are involved. Other than that, me. Dad chimes in from time to time. And FFIL recommended the venue.
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? Undecided. It'll be around a week.
    12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc) Undecided. I want lemon or something tart. That's my favorite.
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? One of my BM's has mentioned a few things, but I shrug them off. She has since stopped!
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? Getting married in front of a waterfall, and our guest can gamble during dancing!!
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? I wish, maybe have to work that one out. Don't know.
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done? Having fun planning, but ready for it to be over. Have PLENTY of other things to plan.
    17. describe your dress? Corset top, a-line skirt, burnt orange trim around the top and down the back and train.
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) Haven't really decided. I know I'm ribboning the aisle chairs.
    19. # of guests? 150
    20. What kind of engagement ring? (Halo, solitaire, etc) Teardrop
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? 5/29/10
    2. what are your colors? Eggplant, lime green and white
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc) Not really…
    5. how many BMs & GMs? 6 of each! (including MOH and BM)
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, golf course, etc) inside a beautiful church
    7. flowers you are using? Not really into flowers, only having bouquets and 2 displays at church…
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? Being able to pay everyone!
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc) Being MARRIED and pledging our love for one another (cheesy I know but still sooo excited)
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? Mostly alone with some input from my FI
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? Mexico!! For 9 nights 10 days!
    12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc) We have four flavors… white chocolate cake with raspberry filling, creamsicle, chocolate lovers, red velet
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? Yes
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? Our reception is in an old revamped mortuary?
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? Staying at a hotel the night before with my SIS!! So excited!
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done? I’ll be happy when its done, but will miss the DIY crafty part of it, but after of a year of being engaged I am SOO ready to be married..
    17. describe your dress? Simple
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) flower pomander balls, white
    19. # of guests? 175
    20. What kind of engagement ring? (Halo, solitaire, etc) Solitaire with small diamonds circling the solitaire.. I LOVE my ring!
  • edited December 2011
    Tygirljojo: Ice cream sundae bar?! That's awesome - how are you keeping it cold?
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? May 7, 2011
    2. what are your colors? Sapphire Blue (Royal Blue), Champagne, and Kelly or Forest Green
    3. small, medium or big wedding? Medium (100-120)
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc) Not really, I think I will keep decorations as simple as possible.
    5. how many BMs & GMs? 5 or 6 BM and 5 or 6 GM = 10-12 attendants.
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, golf course, etc) Outdoors and Indoors, in Stanwood, WA (Sent in the deposit last week!)
    7. flowers you are using? White Tulips
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc) That it might rain
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc) Right now, probably the Toasts
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? It is probably 75 % me, and FI helps 25% of the time.  Future BMs (haven't asked yet) are a big help, so is my mom and FMIL.
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? Somewhere warm, haven't really researched it yet.
    12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc) We will be having cupcakes rather than cake, and I'm not sure what flavors we will serve yet.
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? Not really, everyone knows that I've been thinking of plans for the wedding for the last few years, so they know better than to try to change my vision Wink
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? We are getting married on our 7th anniversary.
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? Undecided.
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done? I love planning it, but I'm so excited for the day to arrive.  I'll find another big project after the wedding.
    17. describe your dress? I haven't bought my dress yet, all I know is that I want a full A-Line or Ball gown with lots of lace, and NO beading.
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) My venue offered a red aisle runner, but IDK for sure yet.
    19. # of guests? 100-120
    20. What kind of engagement ring? (Halo, solitaire, etc)  Round-Cut Solitaire
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? May 15th, 2010
    2. what are your colors? Different shades of blue with white and silver accents
    3. small, medium or big wedding? small
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc) beach theme
    5. how many BMs & GMs? five on each side
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, golf course, etc) Tacoma waterfront, by the Browns Point light house
    7. flowers you are using?Sunflowers
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc) Stressing out on the day of, trying to take charge instead of letting other people handle it
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc)  wearing my dress :) and cake. Oh and I guess that guy I'm marrying :)
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI?Alone. I run some things by FI, and email stuff to my mom (she spends most of her time in Mexico. She isn't Mexican.)
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? My parents house in Mexico for almost 2 weeks!
    12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc) Lemon cake with raspberry preserve filling and marble cake with bavarian creme filling
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? No, my mom used to do weird things like buy random stuff I wanted, and she once tried to give me a pair of her underwear. Luckily she's been in Mexico for the majority of the past 3 months so she hasn't done that in a while.
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? I don't give a poop about tradition :) I think that will have quite the effect..
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? I'm not made of money.
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done? I want it to be over and done with. Like if tomorrow was the wedding, I'd be REALLY happy.
    17. describe your dress? Carrie by Maggie Sottero. Strapless, ivory satin, some beading under the bust and on one hip, bubble skirt with lots of pickups.
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) I saw a picture of sunflower heads lining the aisle, i thought it looked really pretty
    19. # of guests? 60-80 depending on who shows
    I have a white gold 3 stone ring with a ton of accent diamonds. I will be getting a replacement one day though, it was a christmas present 2 years ago haha. I just didn't feel like buying a new ring along with everything else we are paying for!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Tygirl can I come to your wedding? Yummmm sundae bar.I would gorge myself. :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

d_smith - I always thought ranunculus were some type of rose, are they? I didn't know what ranunculus was so I had to google it. They are so pretty!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_bored-work-20-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:93ae6a1e-1c1c-4679-8daf-f48c5d59fea7Post:611ba289-af03-4492-a30c-6c038334c706">Re: Bored at work... 20 questions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]d_smith - I always thought ranunculus were some type of rose, are they? I didn't know what ranunculus was so I had to google it. They are so pretty!
    Posted by angstocker22[/QUOTE]
    Okay first...where the heck did my post go???? Grrrr!
    Anywho, I had no clue what ranunculaas were, I had to look them up too. I thought they were gorgeous. I'm using both plum colored and ivory.
  • edited December 2011
    d_smith - I was wondering that too! first it was 1/2 there - like down to Q#7 I think, then when the page uploaded again after asking you about the flower it was gone!
  • edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date?  12.09.10
    2. what are your colors?  Wine, celadon, ivory with silver accents
    3. small, medium or big wedding?  Big, I think.  150ish
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc)  Everything CHRISTMAS!!  =D
    5. how many BMs & GMs?  14...on each side.  It's huge.  I know.
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, golf course, etc)  VEGAS baby---a gorgeous chapel on the strip!  Coming home to Seattle for the reception at a Castle!
    7. flowers you are using?  Calla Lillies--burgundy for me, white for the ladies!
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc)  Trying to get everyone to the chapel--sober. 
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc)  FINALLY being married!  After ten years together, it's TIME!
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI?  FI will kill me if I say he hasn't done SOME...but a lot of it has been me :)
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long?  No honeymoon--coming home to Seattle for the reception
    12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc)  Pumpkin with cream cheese, chocolate with chocolate mousse and french vanilla with raspberry
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)?  Negative!

14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding?  I think having Santa there is pretty dang unique!
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP?  We do have a suite...but I don't know if the WP will be at the same place or not! 
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done?  I've been planning this thing for almost THREE years.  I am ready to be done!  :)
    17. describe your dress?  I LOVE my dress.  Ivory with the back of it wine colored.  It's beautiful! 
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc)  I am hoping my neices toss the flower petals but who knows...they will probably keep them in their baskets to the end of the aisle and THEN dump them. 
    19. # of guests?  70ish for the wedding.  150ish for the reception
      a trio of dimonds that look like flowers (or snowflakes!) with three diamonds on each side in white gold.
    -Liss EED (Estimated Eviction Date): February 18th, 17th, 21st and now the 14th. Who knows...they change the date every appointment! BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~February 2012~Siggy Challenge~Favorite Halloween Candy~
    My Sometimes Updated Belly Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Ang - not a clue.  That's for the caterer to figure out. Laughing  My guess would be with the use of coolers and dry ice??

Hayley - Ice cream is my achielles heel.  Had to have it, especially since it'll be a (hopefully) warm, sunny summer day! 
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    mgoss - did you guys decide to get married at Tazer Valley???  =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? July 31, 2010
    2. what are your colors? Green, and... green.
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc)  rustic - our centerpieces are clear and green glass bottles filled with flowers on burlap squares
    5. how many BMs & GMs?  3 BMs, 4 GMs
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, golf course, etc) Outside, at a farm =)
    7. flowers you are using? dahlias, with some leonidas roses & hypericum berries
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc)  I am totally freaked out about running out of money right at the end
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? (the kiss, the vows, the cake, etc) being married!  and my dress, and Kelli cake too...
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI?  alone, unless you count the Knotties (which I do)
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long?  Hawaii for 2 weeks
    12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc)  we haven't decided yet, but for SURE one tier of almond
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)?  no
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding?  I think my dress is pretty unique.  But also, we're going to have what I call "yard games" like croquet, bocci & corn hole (if I can think of a better name to call that) for people to play.
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP?  No, like PP said, I am not made of $$$.  Plus, I have my doggie to take care of, and I will be DIYing my flowers.
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done?  I love the creative parts, like designing the invites/STDs.  I absolutely hate contacting/booking vendors.  Right now, I am so ready to be done.
    17. describe your dress?  Two words:  POLKA DOTS!  I love it.  If you don't "know" my dress, you should check out my bio =)
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc)  shepherds hooks with mason jars of dahlias
    19. # of guests?  100ish
    20. What kind of engagement ring? (Halo, solitaire, etc)  My engagement ring is platinum with a large round center stone & one small round stone on either side.  From the side, the diamonds look like they are sitting in a flower.  My wedding ring is also platinum, with four of the small-sized diamonds that take up the same amount of space as the 3 stones in my e-ring.  They look like they are sitting on leaves from the side.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh Jenny I love your dress! the polka dots are super cute :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE Jennyann's dress. It's my fav after my own :)

1. date: 06/27/10
    2. colors: light periwinkle, medium iris purple, all shades of blue and purple in between, chocolate brown, silver
    3. size: medium
    4. special decor: birds, tea party, sun purple vintage glass
    5. how many BMs & GMs? 1 or 2 BM, 1 GM
    6. location: Seattle park
    7. flowers: IRIS! Dutch not bearded, rosemary, lavender
    8. dreading/worried: someone important being late, not enough time at reception (we have to be done by 4 pm)
    9. most excited: facing everyone as my dad pronounces us married!
    10. planning: mostly alone. FI helps when I have a meltdown, my mom generates her own ideas and projects on the side, I occasionally ask my sis and FMIL for opinions
    11. honeymoon: maybe a little over a week, undecided but considering Mexico, Costa Rica or Caribbean aka warm and tropical with beach!
    12. cake: 1-mocha and praline, 2-chocolate and cranberry 3-lemon and blackberry
    13. someone butting in: not really
    14. unique: it's us and no one else :P Sunday afternoon tea party
    15. hotel with WP: I really want to either by myself or my sister but it comes down to $$
    16. love planning? I enjoy theme parties so thinking about stuff is fun but contacting vendors gives me anxiety. I'll be glad to move on though.
    17. dress: gorgeous!! it makes me feel warm and glowy to think about! Soft "natural" pale ivory organza asymetrical layers, mermaid shape, strapless, makes me look tall and figure 8!
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? unsure, maybe pomanders but might be too much hassle to get them transferred to reception
    19. # of guests? 100ish
    20. What kind of engagement ring? solitaire surrounded by looping metal curls, was his mom's e-ring & wedding band combined.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? 9-3-10

2. what are your colors? blue & tan (water & sand)

I want to do starfish and/or sand dollars, beachy.

5. how many BMs & GMs?
    none

6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, golf course, etc)  outdoor ceremony, indoor reception, at beach park

nothing picked out yet, but planning on only a bouquet w/ natural look, whites & greens, roses, green hydrangeas and whatever else works

8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc) cost, stressing out too much and who will actually end up coming b/c FI's family is all from east coast

oh, yeah, and rain too.

slide show

mostly alone, but mom, FI and some friends have helped

11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? Cabo, 10 days, at my mom's timeshare

12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc) haven't decided yet, but we'd like red velvet, german chocolate and/or something tropical (coconut?)

13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? my dad and step-mom were driving me crazy in the beginning, but I'm doing most of it on my own now, so they've butted out

I want to do a bonfire and smores afterwards on the beach

15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? Not sure, but can't stay at home w/ FI

16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done?
    Its fun, but stressful.  I'll be happy when its done and we can have a baby and spend money on other things.

17. describe your dress?
    Don't have one yet, but thinking simple, strapless and flowy.  Very little beading.

18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) I would like to sprinkle rose petals down the aisle and put some in cones at the end of each aisle for guests to toss

19. # of guests? We're inviting around 100, expect about 75

Princess cut solitare
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    edited December 2011
    I want ice cream!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? 6.19.10

2. what are your colors? persimmon and ivory

3. small, medium or big wedding? biggish

I plan on using old pictures from our relatives weddings and have somewhat of a spanish theme with papel picados (the mexican decorative banners)

5. how many BMs & GMs? 4 bms and 3 gms

6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, golf course, etc) indoor ceremony at chapel, indoor reception on lake union

lots and lots of calla lillies

8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? (a guest, the preparation, the night of, the cost adding up, etc) cost definitely is getting to me, also the guest list (or my mom adding to the guest list) is killing me!

the actual walk down the aisle with my dad

mostly alone, but fi helps out a lot.

11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? hawaii right afterward the wedding for 7 days, and then we get to go again in October since we won a trip at the wedding show.

12. what are your cake fillings? (red velvet, etc) strawberry buttercream and raspberry buttercream

13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? my mom constantly butts in with unnecessary advice....but that's what moms do (or at least what my mom always does!)

It's such a mix of cultures.

15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? hmmmm, didn't think about that.  this sounds like a good idea!

both!  I like planning and seeing things kind of come to fruition - but seriously, i can't wait til the day is here!  I'm sure i'll have withdrawals though!

17. describe your dress?
    totally different than what i thought i would get.  it has straps and beads and is mermaidish.  but i love it!

18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) we are hanging lanterns using ribbon from each pew. 

19. # of guests? eek.  we're trying to figure this out.  hopefully no more than 200.

Princess cut w/ side stones

Tygirl - love the sundae idea!  I worked at Baskins throughout highschool and college - I still never got sick of ice cream......speaking of which, i wish i had some now!
  • edited December 2011
    Well I will try this again since my post from yesterday disappeared. :)

1. what is your wedding date?
    February 6, 2010 One week to go!
    2. what are your colors? plum, platinum and ivory with black accents.
    3. small, medium or big wedding? Small
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc) Not really anything that hasn't been done before.
    5. how many BMs & GMs? 2 each
    6. where is your wedding at? Indoors, in a restaurant like setting that has a really nice dance floor area.
    7. flowers you are using? Bouquets are calla lilies. Table and other arrangements are a mixture of ranunculas, calla lilies, spider chrysanthemums, hydrangea, etc. We are using mostly ivory color
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? I'm happy to say there isn't anything I'm dreading or worried about.
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? Of course the party, but really the ceremony. Our ceremony is personal and I'm really excited about it.
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? My Mom and I have done everything. (Thank god for my Mom!)
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? San Diego for 5 days. Woo hoo! Sunshine!
    12. what are your cake fillings? We have heavy food so we went lighter on the cake.1st and 3rd layers; white cake with real strawberries and whip cream filling. 2nd layer yellow cake with lemon custard filling
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? No, I was blessed and didn't have that kind of drama.
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? Our friends like to party so we are having an extended reception. Since it goes late we are serving a late night snack of soft pretzels with gourmet mustard sauces, popcorn tossed with parmesan and oil, and french fries with several choices of gourmet dipping sauces. (all good "drunk" food)
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP?
    Yes, but not all the WP is staying.
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done? I've really enjoyed it an am a little sad it's over. I've even considered Event Planning as a career in the past.
    17. describe your dress? A-line, strapless, corset, lots of sparkles on the bust area while the rest of the dress has simpler details. It also crosses over at the waist and gathers slightly on the side.
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? White runner, 12" cylinder clear glass candle holders at each row of seats, and plum flower pedals sprinkled in between. I got my inspiration from a Knot photo I saw.
    19. # of guests? 52
    20. What kind of engagement ring? Platinum band, large marquis cut diamond in the center with 4 diamonds on either side, decreasing in size as they go down.
  • edited December 2011
    Kaye - I eat ice cream in the winter.  I don't care, I LOVE it!  But wow, you must've had buff arms while you worked there!

D_smith - it sounds like you and I have very similar rings! 
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? 8/13/10
    2. what are your colors? Aqua and tan
    3. small, medium or big wedding? Very very small (30 guests)
    4. any special decor that you are doing? Going for a Hawaiian vintage look
    5. how many BMs & GMs? 3 each
    6. where is your wedding at? On a beach
    7. flowers you are using? Probably pink orchids
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? Important people not being able to come
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? the fun we'll get to have with everyone there
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? FI
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long?  A couple more days on Maui, then a week on Kauai
    12. what are your cake fillings? dunno yet, maybe chocolate (my fave)
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? Nope
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? the place - HI :)
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? Yes
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done?  Love it!
    17. describe your dress? White tafetta gown, halter top, beading on the bust and straps.  Love her.
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) maybe a petal path, we'll see
    19. # of guests? ~30
    20. What kind of engagement ring? solitaire on an engraved white gold band - FI did an awesome job picking out the designs
  • edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? July 31, 2010
    2. what are your colors? Apple green, Royal blue, black and white.
    3. small, medium or big wedding? hopefully around 100.. righ tnow guest list is at 123.
    4. any special decor that you are doing? apples, peacock feathers
    5. how many BMs & GMs? 6 bms 4 gm
    6. where is your wedding at? wa
    7. flowers you are using? probably hydrangea, dahlia, mini callas, and other stuff i dont know the names of.
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? i'm worried it won't turn out like i always dreamed.
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? the party, dancing with my new husband. having fun with my friends. feeling beautiful!
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? I've planned alone mostly. With some help from you girls and FI helps when I ask.
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? We are going to Secrets Maroma. :0)
    12. what are your cake fillings? we picked out our baker but nothing else.
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? um...
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? me.
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? thats the plan but some of my girls have kids and they might not come. but thats ok.
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done?  i love planning but i'll be happy once its done. then i'll just start having babies.. hahaha sike.
    17. describe your dress? aline, sweatheart neck, taffeta. a pearl color.
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? (ie rose petals lining the aisle, tulle, pillars, etc) pomanders
    19. # of guests? 123...
    20. What kind of engagement ring? princess cut solitare. a little over a carat.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_bored-work-20-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:93ae6a1e-1c1c-4679-8daf-f48c5d59fea7Post:8f68f305-d68a-4e21-a286-eb123a32a7ae">Re: Bored at work... 20 questions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kaye - I eat ice cream in the winter.  I don't care, I LOVE it!  But wow, you must've had buff arms while you worked there! D_smith - it sounds like you and I have very similar rings! 
    Posted by Tygirljojo[/QUOTE]
    Tygirl I was thinking the same thing when I read yours!
  • edited December 2011
    1. what is your wedding date? .ten.ten.ten.
    2. what are your colors? chocolate, deep purple, burnt orange
    3. small, medium or big wedding? too big
    4. any special decor that you are doing? (ie damask, stripes, etc) autumn vinyard - so wine and fall leaves
    5. how many BMs & GMs? 5 n 5
    6. where is your wedding at? (outdoors, indoors, winery, golf course, etc)  indoors but its decorated to look outdoors with a HUGE skylight, so you feel outdoors
    7. flowers you are using? orange & purple calla lilies, orange and purple roses, and orange celosia
    8. 1 thing you are dreading/worried about the wedding? The drama of family - my dad being drunk, my FSIL and my FIL fighting (they haven't spoken since FSIL wedding in 06)
    9. 1 thing you are most excited about? The wedding night suite
    10. are you mostly planning this alone, with your MOH, mother, FI? FI has been helpful, but my mom, MOH and 1 BM have been super helpful as well.
    11. where are you going on your honeymoon? for how long? 5 night cruise to Mexico
    12. what are your cake fillings? TBD....but something autumn-y like espresso/kalua
    13. Is there someone that is butting into your planning (trying to change what you want)? All of the florsits that I've met with - except for 1 who quoted me $1000 higher than everyone else!
    14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? Wine Unity Ceremony - we are doing the wine box & a unity ceremony.
    15. are you staying at a hotel the night before the wedding with your WP? My whole WP and parents are staying at the hotel the night before the wedding, I am still undecided if FI & I will sleep together or seperately.
    16. Do you love planning the wedding, don't want it to be over because then you will have nothing "big" to plan, or will you be happy when it's all said & done?  I'm happy planning, but I want it to be over so I can start house hunting. :)
    17. describe your dress?  Ivory Silk, with Lace on top with brown lace through the waist - it sounds weird but PIB...but the top will be a halter so please igorne the wings.
    18. what type of decoration are you doing down the aisle? garland of autumn leaves that have purple color in them....
    19. # of guests?  invited=320, expected=200
    20. What kind of engagement ring? I guess solitare - but not really....it looks like a solitare, but there are 4 calla cut diamonds creating a butterfly.
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    Tygirljojo  I really wanted to do an Ice Cream Cake. But figured it was just to messy & hectic to deal with. But I will for sure be having on at the RD!!! :)

jennuinne  14. 1 thing that is unique about our wedding? I want to do a bonfire and smores afterwards on the beach- That sounds like so much fun!!!

ahuette I hope all goes well with you FSIL & FIN! I would be stressing over that too, but they need to remember it's yours & FI's day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards