Washington-Seattle

Poll

Where are you registered/ing?  I'm looking for ideas, because right now there's one store we want to register at, but we'd like to give people more choice.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll

• seblaggseblagg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's, Crate and Barrel and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Far and away, Macy's was most popular with our guests. We got very few gifts from Crate and Barrel, and a handful from BB&B.

• edited December 2011
    I registered for china and a few decorative vases at Macy's.

Target and Bed Bath and Beyond had the bulk of our registry stuff. I also registered at Wal-Mart because most of my family didn't have access to a Target or BBB, and they don't like ordering things online.
  • edited December 2011

For our priciest one, Macy's and Williams Sonoma, for mid to lower price, Sur La Table, Target and Crate & Barrel. We also have an 'experience' registry. Guests can buy us white water rafting experiences, skydiving, paragliding, all the good stuff. That's Cloud 9

Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dunno what you're getting at Sur La Table Brandy, but they're generally not mid to lower priced.  More like mid to high.

We'll register at Macy's and Bed, Bath and Beyond, plus something fun that FI picks out - maybe Cabela's or REI.

FWIW, I've heard it recommended to register at 2-3 places, and not more than 3.
  • edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's and Crate & Barrel. 

Looking back at it I wish we would have registered at Target too just because of all the non-kitcheny things we could have registered for

Overall we were really happy with our registries though. I think after it was all said and done, we ended up with just under $1000 in Macy's store credit too.
  • edited December 2011
    We've got Macy's (linked to my account so we will get bonus money at the end, natch) and BBB has our daily dishes. Not quite sure where else yet, we need to get hopping on our list! Maybe Target or maybe be cheaty and have an Amazon list for things that those stores aren't carrying (specific vacuum brand, etc).
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Macy's and Target.

Among our family, those are definitely the most popular places to register. We considered BBB too, but between Macy's and Target, it covered anything we would have asked for from there. Plus we opened a Macy's card, so we get all of the rewards back!
  • edited December 2011
    Macy's and Crate and Barrel... I think we will register at Target too!!
  • mochikomochiko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same here- Macys and Crate and Barrel. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are registering at Target, Macys, and Crate & Barrel.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • mgswartmgswart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Macy's & Bed, Bath, & Beyond
  • edited December 2011
    Planning on Honeyfund and Bed Bath & Beyond.  On the fence with Macys because, as a guest, I prefer to buy off BBB's website or even in store - for some reason their registries are easier to use IMO.  Macy's has always been difficult for me.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah Carrie, you're right, Sur La Table is more mid to high price. The stuff FI and I just registered for there was middle of the road. Thats what I meant. I love that store!!
    And I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but when we started to register, we had a really hard time finding enough gifts in one or two, even three different stores. So we threw ettiquette out the window and went w/ 5. Macy's we went overboard, but because like other ppl said, you get rewards and plus after the wedding, everthing on your registry not bought is like 10% off. So what we don't get, we'll buy ourselves! Wink 
    edited December 2011
    I totally get you on Sur La Table.  Their stuff is suuuuuper nice.  I'd furnish my whole kitchen from that shop if I could.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Macy's and William Sonoma here. FI likes fancy cooking stuff. We don't need a lot of things, so I have had a difficult time registering. Macy's rewards program is awesome for their registry, plus their return policy is really great for wedding registry stuff.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, so here's my other question.  To those registered at Macy's, what all did you register for there?  I've heard good things about their registry program, but FI and I don't want china, so I'm not sure what we'd pick from there.  I for sure want Crate & Barrel, and I for sure don't want Target (even though I shop there all the time, I really don't like their return policy and I've personally never had a good experience shopping off other peoples' registries there, so it's not for me).  But that's all I know.  I'm kind of thinking Macy's or BBB for our other option, but I don't know what all we'd register for there.
  • irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_poll-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:98b9f7fc-9031-45ea-9dca-f4849e1a381bPost:2975f588-e54a-45e0-a097-3bc3965db97d">Re: Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so here's my other question.  To those registered at Macy's, what all did you register for there?  I've heard good things about their registry program, but FI and I don't want china, so I'm not sure what we'd pick from there.  I for sure want Crate & Barrel, and I for sure don't want Target (even though I shop there all the time, I really don't like their return policy and I've personally never had a good experience shopping off other peoples' registries there, so it's not for me).  But that's all I know.  I'm kind of thinking Macy's or BBB for our other option, but I don't know what all we'd register for there.
    Posted by jennyann28[/QUOTE]

While we've only registered at Crate & Barrel so far, we plan to register for china, crystal, flatware, cookware, linens, electrics and luggage at Macy's. It will be our main registry. We registered for everyday glassware at C&B, plus some bowls, vases and odds-n-ends, and we're going to also register at Sur La Table for some specialty kitchen items.

Not only does Macy's offer the 10% off completion program and rewards back with a Macy's card, they also have constant sales. I never buy anything there for full price because I know it will go on sale shortly. When my friends have registered there in the past, I always kept an eye out for sales on their wish list items - my dollars went further then.
  • edited December 2011
    Jennyann- I was just having the same discussion with Fi yesterday. We will for sure register at Macy's and we were thinking with BB&B. But I, like you, think that these stores have similar items. This is so hard! When are you registering?
  • edited December 2011
    At Macy's we registered for our everyday dishware, LOVE their Fiesta plates. We registered for them in cobalt blue. Our flatware, towels, sheets, pillow cases, two different alternate down comforters... I'm allergic to down, :(
    Some pretty things like crystal candlesticks. And some kicthen electric things. They have a lot to choose from there, but ultimately we went there for the dishes.
    edited December 2011
    Things we'll register for at Macy's: towels, linens, flatware, dishes, and maybe some crystal vases.  I especially like their Hotel Collection bedding and towels.  I think they have the most home stuff at their downtown Seattle shop (that I've seen), so it might help you to go and look around.
  • dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of our registry is at Macy's - casual dinnerware, flatware, linens, etc

We're also registered at Crate & Barrell (glassware, some kitchen appliances) and Amazon.com (everything else)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards