Wedding Woes

Here's a Confession Post

You can post anonymously (I can't remember the log in, sorry) or I suppose you can just post as yourself.

Remember:
- no personal attacks
-no posting personal information or pictures of another user

Mods obviously can use discretion to remove posts that are offensive or against The Knot's TOU.

Re: Here's a Confession Post

• I am definitely having my IUD removed this fall. I really want to just not go back on birth control and get pregnant, not telling DH that I"m on birth control. He's so on the fence about another kid and I just want to make the decision to go for it.
  • I am alternately jealous (of others with kids) and triumphant that we are child-free.  This vacillation and indecision pretty much fits my M.O.

• I know you all think it's all puppies and rainbows at the Flo house.   Surprise!   It's not.  LOL! 
    I have mentioned the "Big D" word to DH once or twice (or 12) in the last year or so.  BUT,  since one of our couple friends has officially filed for divorce (a few weeks ago), DH has shown more effort in our relationship then I've ever seen.   Methinks it was a little wakeup call for him.  
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I was thinking about Carann today and wondering if her kid was here and hoping the best for them.  I don't know why I feel that needed a "confession," but I did.
  • I have dreams probably 2 times a month where I tell H "I want a DIVORCE!!!1!!!" but in real life I am horrified I would even dream about this.  Not because I don't believe in divorce, but that I am happy.  Weirrrrd.
  • Since it fits the theme, we have started trying for the second. This is our second month trying and I'm already frustrated. Going through another unknown amount of months of having sex every other day and then everyday during the fertile week sounds exhausting.

I really just want to get pregnant and be done with it so I can get an IUD and shut the shop down.

And if one more person asks me, "If you have another boy, are you going to try for a girl?", I may punch them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I think my last job took a much higher toll on me mentally and emotionally than I even thought possible. And I'm super embarrased to admit that. Everyday (at my new job) I worry excessively about my performance and about being fired on the spot. And by worry excessively I mean I am irrationally convinced that I'm the worst employee in the world. I'm also terrified of my boss eventhough he's the most easy-going person on the planet. It has gotten to the point where I'm actually considering some kind of counseling. I'm also wishing I had filed a complaint against my old boss with actual authorities, instead of HR and my union.

Side note - I wasn't fired from my last job. I quit due to the daily verbal abuse and extreme stress my boss inflicted on me (and my co-workers - half a dozen people quit at the same time). I was constantly told that I was only hired because my disability made the department look good and that I was constantely in danger of losing my job. He would tell me things like that my coworkers were uncomfortable working with me because I'm Epileptic (which I found out was total BS)  He had a lot of fun abusing his power. After about 100 complaints to HR he was...GIVEN MORE POWER and responsibility and his boss was forced to work in another department because she ignored so many complaints that were considered human rights violations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    My uncle sold me two of my aunt's old sewing machines for a BARGAIN price. I'm really tempted to turn around and sell them on ebay for 3 times as much, but I feel like that's kindof stealing.

I also really want to get an embroidery attachment for the one machine, but it alone costs almost a thousand dollars, and I can't really justify spending more for an accessory than I spent on the machine.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Apparently nobody else remembers the anon login.
  • I think the screen name was Anony Mouse but I don't remember the password
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • you KNOW i remember.  i just tried it but it won't let me in.
  • WzzWzz member

i never want another kid, ever. i do not miss infanthood. whenever i start to feel like i miss a stage where he was small, he has a tantrum of epic proportions, which makes me look forward to kinderyears.

also, we may be moving again soon, for permanence. it kind of sprung up as a surprise. i'll tell you how it went AFTER the move.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_heres-a-confession-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:125afd2e-4c5b-415f-bfb6-2b7865ffd2faPost:82c334b7-93ef-449d-a667-08f588094ef1">Re: Here's a Confession Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking about Carann today and wondering if her kid was here and hoping the best for them.  I don't know why I feel that needed a "confession," but I did.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

Carrann's KU again?
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • She certainly is. I believe it was Zsa who put it rather eloquenty to the effect of, "For someone who looks like a 12 year year old, he certainly is virile."
  • What...so this is baby #3?
  • I believe so.
  • Wow.  At least she makes cute babies? 

• I cannot wait until school is back in session.  I've been watching the neighbor kid (who's a year younger than the kiddo) and they've been driving me nuts.  They sit out in the living room and giggle like lunatics for hours.  I don't like being closed off in my office because it gets stuffy, but sometimes I have to.  I'm ready for peace, quiet, and having my 'freedom' back.

• [QUOTE]i never want another kid, ever. i do not miss infanthood. whenever i start to feel like i miss a stage where he was small, he has a tantrum of epic proportions, which makes me look forward to kinderyears.
    Posted by Wzz[/QUOTE]

play on, playette.  considering how his infancy nearly ended our marriage, neither dh nor i want to go through that again.

btw, i don't understand how all y'all afford more than one child.  dh and i both make a pretty good living, but two kids would be a strain.  maybe i need to hear more about your financial planning before i hear about y'alls "we're trying to have another kid" all casual-like.  make it up if you have to.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Carrann should be due fairly soon.  Her kids have all been born a few months before mine. 
  • WzzWzz member
    no. one is enough, and i feel like we'd take attantion and money from him if we tried again. plus i am old and the risks outweight the benefits at this point.

kid is crazy, b.
  • As I've said before, we're in the one child camp, too.  (I mean, how judge-worthy would it be if I just confessed that we've considered divorce but have tried to get knocked up?)  But the TERRIBLE THREES have sealed it.   The tantrums are ridiculous.  I cannot go through this again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_heres-a-confession-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:125afd2e-4c5b-415f-bfb6-2b7865ffd2faPost:864b3bbe-cbc7-4ed8-9d29-39da122c9baa">Re: Here's a Confession Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]play on, playette.  considering how his infancy nearly ended our marriage, neither dh nor i want to go through that again. <strong>btw, i don't understand how all y'all afford more than one child.  dh and i both make a pretty good living, but two kids would be a strain</strong>.  maybe i need to hear more about your financial planning before i hear about y'alls "we're trying to have another kid" all casual-like.  make it up if you have to.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

Word to that!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • And that's why we're stopping at 2. I loved when A was an infant, but he's even more fun now because he is able to do a lot of things.

3 is over the top as far as expenses, as well as the fact I feel if the kids outnumber us they could stage a mutiny.
  • With that being said, I wonder how Carrann and her H afford the 2 kids and 1 on the way. He works at a grocery store, and I don't believe she works.
  • We went through a time where we almost didn't have any more kids beyond the kiddo.   We did not try for DefConn until we knew that we were about done paying for the kiddo to be in before/after school care.  And about the time I got pregnant was when we found out that working from home for me was going to become a reality.  The 10 year age difference is the only way we could afford 2 kids and continue to do what we want to do.  While DH and I would love to have another kid, it's probably not going to become a reality.
  • DH and I make decent money. We put a lot away in savings. For us, the second child is going to be diapers and childcare. We can afford the extra money each month as both of our cars are going to be paid off next year which frees up money for those expenses. We already have a carseat and all that jazz. There are a handful of things we'd buy but nothing terribly expensive. Sorry I didn't break the numbers down.

• WzzWzz member
    hey, have as many as you want. unless i personally can afford full time help, i won't even THINK of having another one. but that's just me and i had a high maintenance infant and very little help.
  • Our issue isn't money- it's my job.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_heres-a-confession-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:125afd2e-4c5b-415f-bfb6-2b7865ffd2faPost:864b3bbe-cbc7-4ed8-9d29-39da122c9baa">Re: Here's a Confession Post</a>:
    [QUOTE] i don't understand how all y'all afford more than one child.  dh and i both make a pretty good living, but two kids would be a strain. Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

we could manage financially with 2, but we'd have to cut back on all of the fun extras (vacations, shopping and the like)

I'm a big supporter of "one and done" - I know DK wants more. I forsee this causing some problems int he future. I don't want to go through pregnancy, risk preeclamsia again, or deal with a newborn. I really don;t understand what's so bad about being an only child. We'll be able to do so much more for her - more one-on-one attention, travel more, help more with educational costs, etc. if she's an only child than if we have 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards