Wedding Woes

Here's a Confession Post

2»

Re: Here's a Confession Post

• that, and you'll have even more time and money when you kick her out of the house for getting pregnant at 16 and keeping it.

while house-hunting, i am looking at each house to assess dog livabiity.  one house i really liked because there was a little tiled section in front of the back door.  i can see doggypants sitting there, waiting to be let out.
  • As far as the one and done thing, I think one of the reasons I want more than one is that I was an only.

I was lonely as a child, but more so because I was an indoor girl. I never played a single sport. My parents did try for more, but it wasn't in the cards. I got a lot of attention and one on one time with my parents. I always wanted a sibling, just to have someone to pal around with.

As an adult, I miss the fact that I don't have any siblings. Then again, I know people who have a-holes for siblings, so there's that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_heres-a-confession-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:125afd2e-4c5b-415f-bfb6-2b7865ffd2faPost:1ff68cc8-1271-4009-9bdc-ae94cef8da3e">Re: Here's a Confession Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>that, and you'll have even more time and money when you kick her out of the house for getting pregnant at 16 and keeping it</strong>. while house-hunting, i am looking at each house to assess dog livabiity.  one house i really liked because there was a little tiled section in front of the back door.  i can see doggypants sitting there, waiting to be let out.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

I'll make sure i add that to the "pros" list
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_heres-a-confession-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:125afd2e-4c5b-415f-bfb6-2b7865ffd2faPost:743ac840-78cd-4131-b02c-b85009c0e883">Re: Here's a Confession Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]As far as the one and done thing, I think one of the reasons I want more than one is that I was an only. I was lonely as a child, but more so because I was an indoor girl. I never played a single sport. My parents did try for more, but it wasn't in the cards. I got a lot of attention and one on one time with my parents. I always wanted a sibling, just to have someone to pal around with. As an adult, I miss the fact that I don't have any siblings. Then again, I know people who have a-holes for siblings, so there's that.
    Posted by loveshine1[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can't guarantee your kids will like each other and you might be forced with two+ kids fighting like feral cats trapped together because your husband f*cked you right one night.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_heres-a-confession-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:125afd2e-4c5b-415f-bfb6-2b7865ffd2faPost:b7fe19b8-a8ac-496c-95b7-1fb23353d77c">Re: Here's a Confession Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here's a Confession Post : Yes. You can't guarantee your kids will like each other and you might be forced with two+ kids fighting like feral cats trapped together because your <strong>husband f*cked you right one night.</strong>
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

*eyebrows all over my face*
  • or that you will like both (or either) kids.
  • I was really hoping for some more/better confessions.   I have one that might start a popoff.   Should I wait until tomorrow when everyone is still here?
  • Yes, more people to get excited AF.  Though now I want to know what it is.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2012
    To all of this:

1.  DH and I are still on the fence about #2, and we're almost out of time:  if I got KU today I'd be almost 38 when I birthed it, and there would be almost a 4 year age gap between the kids.  OTOH, I feel like if we're not all OMGweNEEDaSECONDkid we should probably just let it ride, but on the other, I've never met an only child who liked being an only.  I work with an only and every other day, she begs me to have another kid so the Woozle won't be an only.  Is it wrong to get KU just so your first won't hate you when she's grown?

2.  I don't know how people pay for it, either.  Daycare x 2 = insane. 

3.  I could give a crap about the Olympics.  If it's on, I'll watch it, but that's pretty much my attitude toward everything from Real Housewives to L&O reruns.  This coworker at lunch was streaming them on her phone and providing real-time updates, and it was annoying as hell.  At one point, I said (factually, not passive-aggressively) "I just really don't care much about the Olympics" and THREE people agreed with me.  Yet she still announced (spoiler alert) that someone from the US got a gold medal in something, right after we all heard it via her phone.  When I said "Oh," Work Friend laughed so hard she almost cried.  I guess I had a tone or something.
  • I have a ton of confessions, but don't have the energy to post which I think is confession #1.

I think I'm in a small depression. Not run, and get some happy pills depression. More like crying in my car, and giving a homeless man on the side of the road $10, so he could feel better than I was at the time. He better not have used it for crack.

• Are there ever really moer people than this here?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_heres-a-confession-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:125afd2e-4c5b-415f-bfb6-2b7865ffd2faPost:881018ad-14c8-4c5f-af45-08ed7ae7c6ee">Re: Here's a Confession Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are there ever really moer people than this here?
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

True.   At this point, though, it would be a post and run and I don't want to do that.    If I'm still in a popoff mood tomorrow morning, I'll be sure to post.
  • I say do it now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_heres-a-confession-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:125afd2e-4c5b-415f-bfb6-2b7865ffd2faPost:a16f9337-4f71-46d5-b6bf-b32815b74aea">Re: Here's a Confession Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]or that you will like both (or either) kids.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

Uh-hmm.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_heres-a-confession-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:125afd2e-4c5b-415f-bfb6-2b7865ffd2faPost:89903405-468d-4bd3-aff2-b2b0020cc0dc">Re: Here's a Confession Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a ton of confessions, but don't have the energy to post which I think is confession #1. I think I'm in a small depression. Not run, and get some happy pills depression. More like crying in my car, and giving a homeless man on the side of the road $10, so he could feel better than I was at the time. He better not have used it for crack.
    Posted by NOLABridesmaid[/QUOTE]

Where are you giving homeless men money, NOLA? That isn't safe. Neither is crying like that when you are driving.

Geesh, between this and your tollway acitivites, you are hell on wheels.
  • Ha. It was an exit off of the highway.:)
  • nola, do YOU want some crack?  it's the quicker picker upper.
  • i love the olympics.  it awakes and delights my inner xenophobe.
  • No, I don't. I want to keep my teeth.
  • The secret to affording kids is staying home. H and I calculated that if I can make 20K/year off my crafts it's equivalent to an 80K/year job after childcare, taxes and other expenses related to working. Not having any income is equal to about 40-60K.

I want 3 more kids, H only wants one more. I anticipate this being a problem down the line. I actually loved pregnancy and infancy and it makes me sad to think I might only go through it one more time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards