Washington-Seattle

sticky situation

Until now, my FI and I decided we were not having a bridal party. Therefore a friend of mine decided she would throw my bridal shower. However recently I have reconnected with my best friend from high school and would love to have her be my maid of honor (w/ no other bridal attendants) and my FI would have only a best man. I do not want to hurt my friend who is throwing the shower! Maybe I should just stick with the original plan of no attendants? Help! 

Re: sticky situation

• edited December 2011
    Why not have 2 attendants on your side, and just the best man on your FI's side. There's no reason you have to have even sides, and it can be nice to have someone up there with you.
  • edited December 2011
    I would stick the original plan.   If you have someone stand up for you, I think it should be someone that knows the both of you and your relationship.  It sounds like your bf from high schcool might only know you.
  • edited December 2011
    I say do the two or do none. I definitely think it would be rude to choose a different friend after you told the other friend that you wouldn't be having any....If I were the friend, I would definitely feel offended/hurt.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_sticky-situation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:a2af45a2-9931-42f9-9a2e-126bb9115d4aPost:317b3062-0ed7-4a6b-ab92-5d8afce44693">Re: sticky situation</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say do the two or do none. I definitely think it would be rude to choose a different friend after you told the other friend that you wouldn't be having any....If I were the friend, I would definitely feel offended/hurt.
    Posted by kinmir30[/QUOTE]

This, exactly.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards