Washington-Seattle

Rant & Rave Friday

TGIF!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Rant & Rave Friday

• edited December 2011
    TGIF indeed!  I have one huge giant rave!  Yesterday, when I got to work I found out that someone tried to steal our air compressor (I run an auto repair shop, so we'd be thoroughly screwed without it) on Wednesday night, and the local police caught them in the act!  Even though we had to spend 2 hours fixing what was damaged, we didn't have to buy a whole new one.  A lot of people complain about the police here in this town (Marysville), but they saved me, like $2000.  :)  Kudos to them for being on patrol on my little alleyway at 3am.

Plus, I get to leave work early tomorrow for some pre-Thanksgiving festivities with friends.  Woot!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  I'm in the process of asking for time off at work so that I can attend whatever Bowl game my beloved Huskies are going to be headed (probably a game in TX, maybe the Holiday Bowl again in San Diego, all the last week of Dec).  My request hasn't been flat out denied yet, but right now it's not looking so good Cry

This is such BS.  There will already be 2 people from my team on vacay the last week of December, but the end of the year is SO SLOW I don't see why I need to be here the whole week.  Monday will be a holiday (day after X-mas), so it will already be a 4-day week for the other people on my team, AND I'm only asking for 2 or 3 days off.  I've working here for almost three years, and the ONLY time I ever took more than 2 days off in a row was for my wedding/honeymoon (10 days off). 

Rave:  I'm getting my hair cut/colored tomorrow (as long as I'm not snowed in... but I don't think I should be).  Football season makes it really freaking hard to schedule stuff like this, so I'm happy to finally be able to look "presentable" again!

Rave:  I will get to meet up with at least two other Knotties at the GTG, and watch football and drink beer! Cool
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Blgrout - that's awesome!  Yay for Johnny on the Spot Police!  I hope the guy who they caught has a record and he's put away for his stupidity.

Rave:  The HUGE show my company has been ramping up for for over a year now is OVER and we did GREAT!  There were no issues, no power blows and the exhibitors were happy (at least mine were!)  The owner of our company flew in for a day and we all got a kudos for our work.  We now have time to decompress and really enjoy our time off next week.  I don't expect anything from the company for all our hard work, but doing as well as we did on the show means our contract might just be secure for this year and hopefully when it goes out to bid!

Rant:  The medication I was put on a month ago has caused me to gain 20 freakin pounds in a MONTH.  A year and a half ago I lost 40 pounds, which was of course no small feat.  Luckily I'm going off of the medication soon before it can do more damage, but I'm really stressed now that I won't lose the weight before March.  I've struggled with weight all my life and this is not really the time for me to be dealing with sudden weight gain, thankyouverymuch!

Rave: I went shopping last week with my friend and I've been wearing my new threads all week.  I've been getting compliments with every outfit and it's made me feel really good.  It helps counteract the weight-gain (which apparently no one's noticed, thank god!) I got a lot of nice comfy warm sweaters which are so nice it feels like I'm wearing a cozy blanket all day:)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_rant-rave-friday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:a836875a-87e9-4d5c-834d-706148790847Post:d1acb2d0-d060-43c3-9ef1-70271b06da25">Re: Rant & Rave Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Rave: <strong> I'm getting my hair cut/colored tomorrow</strong> (as long as I'm not snowed in... but I don't think I should be).  Football season makes it really freaking hard to schedule stuff like this, so I'm happy to finally be able to look "presentable" again! Rave:  <strong>I will get to meet up with at least two other Knotties at the GTG, and watch football and drink beer!</strong>
    Posted by mgoss228[/QUOTE]

<div>I have the same raves too :]]  Although I am getting my hair done by a new girl, since the lady I have been seeing for a year now and LOVED moved to Kentucky. so I'm a little nervous about that. </div><div>also, I am excited for our mini GTG. woot!</div>

Girls is stripper heels, boys rolling in Maseratis,
    all they need in this world is some love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards