Washington-Seattle
Options

When should I schedule my Hair/Makeup Trial?

I am feeling like a spoiled brat/baby right now, because I really want to schedule my Trial for the same evening as my Shower/Bach combo (on a Saturday).  It would have to be in-between the Shower and the Bach-party, because the MUA (who also does hair) is doing a wedding earlier in the day.  My MOHs (one OOT, one local) are telling me that the day will be too packed, but we might be able to move the Bach-party back 1 hour.  Here's the rough schedule for the day:

Bridal Shower 3-6pm
Dinner/ Free time
Bachelorette-party 9pm-whatever hour

I really want to have it that night, but it probably would be too much.  Can you guys please, smack me back into reality?  I want to stop sending emails to my MOHs with me whining about not having any special event to have my trail on if I don't do it on the Shower/Bach day.

And if you are extra awesome, please tell me what day/special event you are going to have/had your Trial... i.e. birthday party, holiday, special night out, or no special event at all, etc.
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: When should I schedule my Hair/Makeup Trial?

• Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got my hair/makeup trial done on a 2nd e-session shoot, followed by a friends bday party..4 months before the wedding. i personally wouldn't want to wait that long for a trial because you don't know if you like the hair/makeup person until you try her out.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, my Shower/Bach will be 6 weeks before the wedding.  My birthday is at the end of February, but I'm not doing anything fancy to celebrate this year.  But I think I'll just suck it up and do it in late Feb.  Cry
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    other people DO have it within a couple weeks of the wedding...that was just my train of thought..if i hated it, i had time to find a new person.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine the day of my bach party - kind of waiting until the last minute.  I'll have it in the morning and then have plenty of time to see how it holds up for the day and for dancing later on.  I've seen my MUA/H's work before though and am not doing anything complicated for hair.  I have faith that it will work out.  I hope.

With your schedule, however, I'd be worried that the MUA/H may run late from her earlier wedding and then throw off your schedule.  It would be a lot for one day.  Personally, I'd make a date night with your FI and have it then. Spread out the fun a little too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards