Wedding Woes
Options

Everyone clutch your pearls

It's awesome being the older sister, because I get to be all smug and know-it-all-ish and everything.

Got the invitations for my brother's wedding yesterday--NMS, but nice, anyway.  There was an insert with directions to the site, and at the bottom of the insert was a sticker listing where they're registered.  Registry info AND a sticker.  Awesome.

They also used address labels rather than handwriting the addresses, which I know is a topic of much debate but which I am firmly against. 

I love my brother and his fiance is great, but it's always good to have nitpicky details stored up to remind you of why you're the better of the two siblings.

Re: Everyone clutch your pearls

• Options
    Time to disown him!

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_everyone-clutch-your-pearls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:2724091c-ff6e-400f-9ce8-d459b63683b0Post:2b3bd849-7d56-4af4-847e-0307f6872b48">Everyone clutch your pearls</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's awesome being the older sister, because I get to be all smug and know-it-all-ish and everything. Got the invitations for my brother's wedding yesterday--NMS, but nice, anyway.  There was an insert with directions to the site, and at the bottom of the insert was a sticker listing where they're registered.  Registry info AND a sticker.  Awesome. They also used address labels rather than handwriting the addresses, which I know is a topic of much debate but which I am firmly against.  I love my brother and his fiance is great, <strong>but it's always good to have nitpicky details stored up to remind you of why you're the better of the two siblings.</strong>
    Posted by Heffalump[/QUOTE]
    ::Like::
  • Options
    This reminds me. H was asked to be in a wedding recently. The bride and groom got secretly married before we did (so 3ish years ago) and are now having a destination wedding. The invitation included registry info, and there was no stamp on the rsvp card. SMH.
  • Options
    Well, I intended to print our return address on the envelopes using the pribter, the outgoing addresses too, using Mail Merge.  My handwriting is so horrible, I didn't want anyone thinking we had our 8 year old do it.  As for the registry info and stamp, even I knew that, lol.

I was invited to a wedding this past December where the only way to RSVP was by phone or email.  When you called the number, you got the planner's voicemail, set up for RSVP's for all of her brides, so you had to tell her which event you were calling about.  I thought that was an interesting choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards