Wedding Woes
Options

Two Bridesmaids

I have two bridesmaids in my upcoming Summer wedding. I want both of them in a plum knee length dress, and was hoping for something strapless or spaghetti strapped, due to the heat. However, on of my bridesmaids is heavy set, and the other is a size 2 skinny. What style of dress would compliment both of them? HELP!

Re: Two Bridesmaids

• Options
    Taking them both to the store and trying on a bunch of things. Asking them what they would want to wear. Not requiring them to be matchy matchy. Seriously, think outside the box and use some common sense.
  • Options
    Why not just pick the fabric & color and let them pick a style that flatters their different body types?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_two-bridesmaids-one-heavy-one-stick-skinny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:2cc9e9ae-4fd8-4797-a86a-626ae333eaa4Post:ebd42b0f-9301-4518-b833-a539ad800b19">Two Bridesmaids, One Heavy, One Stick Skinny</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have two bridesmaids in my upcoming Summer wedding. I want both of them in a plum knee length dress, and was hoping for something strapless or spaghetti strapped, due to the heat.<strong> However, on of my bridesmaids is quite heavy set</strong>, and the other is a size 2 skinny. What style of dress would compliment both of them? HELP!
    Posted by EmmmDufresne[/QUOTE]

<div>"quite heavy set" tells us nothing and is insulting to your friend. i'm plus sized and have huge boobs and an hourglass figure - what looks good on me might not look good on someone that is plus sized with a small chest and an apple or pear figure. <div>
    </div><div>I'd recommend going shopping with both of them to see what they are comfortable wearing - either let them pick 2 different dresses in the same designer/color/fabric, you pick something and just tell them what to get, or go shopping together and compromise on what evryone likes best. </div></div>
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    you have 2 bridesmaids, so bring them both to the store and let them pick out a dress they each like in the same color. not difficult.
  • Options
    My three bridesmaids are all different sizes - one is a size 6, another 26. I told them all my only three requests (not requirements) were: short, chiffon, Malibu (color at DB).

They all picked the same dress. And it looks amazing on all of them.

However, if they all picked different dresses, it would've been fine, too. Pick a unifying color and fabric and let them choose what is comfortable for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards