Washington-Seattle
Options

Alfred Angelo in Southcenter

Can those of you who have been to this store share your experience? I have an appointment coming up and I'm considering cancelling it. It will be my first time trying on wedding dresses and I'll be by myself. I'm meeting up with family later in the day and will be going to Pearls & Lace in Burien. The day after that, I'll be going with family to Nordstrom's Wedding Suite in Seattle and Bellevue Bridal. I'm just on the fence on keeping this first appointment at Alfred Angelo.

I've looked at their gowns online and at first nothing jumped out at me, but on second glance there are a few I'm semi-interested in. The dresses are well within my dress budget, but I'm afraid of them feeling cheap. 

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks! 

Re: Alfred Angelo in Southcenter

• Options
    I haven't been there but loved David Bridals in Lynnwood. Please post how your Nordstrom experience was! Wanting to go but haven't been yet. Good luck, hope it isn't a huge disappointment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I first went to Bellevue Bridal the ladies were wonderful. I then went to alfred angelo the dresses did not compare to the ones at bellevue bridal. Plus the service was horrible. I wouldn't recommend anyone going there. I then went to pearls and lace they were nice not as nice as bellevue. But I found my dress at pearls and lace. But i did go back to bellevue bridal for bridesmaid dresses. Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I went to the Southcenter Alfred Angelo and LOVED it. I was bummed that I didn't find my perfect dress there. It's such a nice place, the gowns are of excellent quality, and lady who helped me (Georgia, I think) was so sweet. It was my first time, too.

I also went to Pearls & Lace, and those dresses were beautiful, too. Such a great shop. But the dresses are very couture and pretty expensive.

I ended up buying my dress on South Hill at New Beginnings Bridal Salon, which was a wonderful experience.
  • Options
    I didn't enjoy my experience at Alfred Angelo. The consultant spent more time wandering around than she did helping me. She didn't help me into or out of dresses, we had to ask for dress clips, and really the quality wasn't great.

I recommend Pearls and Lace and also I Do Bridal!
  • Options
    astafsastafs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I ended up buying my dress there!

I always scoffed at Alfred, but had my first appointment there as well and had a great time. I didn't love any dresses, but ended up back there after going to Bellevue Bridal, La Belle Elaine, A Princess Bride Couture, and La Belle Reve. Honestly? Bellevue Bridal was nice...they carry some Alfred dresses! A Princess Bride in Bothell is AMAZING. And ask for Jill if you go to La Belle Elaine, she is fabulous. 

I'd recommend going a bunch of places! If you saw a dress you're interested at Alfred, GO! :)

My bridesmaids and I went to Nordstrom and I was disappointed in the selection, honestly. I also wasn't too fond of the gal helping us. She was way pushy.
  • Options
    My sales rep there was Megan and she found me too many dresses I loved. I tried on 30 at David's bridal soutcenter and my sales lady didn't pick out or clip me into a single one of them and it was overwhelming to be in a place with 500+ dresses and no direction or help. I was confused and upset and almost settled on a so/so dress because I wanted it over. Then I went to Alfred Angelo and I literally cried with relief when I tried on my first dress there. It was uphill from there and I fell in love with 3 dresses. I think it helps to have a good sales rep and Megan was amazing, she knew how to quiet my inner baby zilla. I have read mixed reviews about AA south center and some of the staff was definitely rude and unprofessional. My advice to girls going there is ask for Megan. I ended up buying style 854 in ivory. The entire sapphire collection was a petite curvy girls dream.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards