Wedding Woes

Please cross your fingers

send positive energy, whatever you like to do, to our Congress.

If they can pull their heads out of their butts, it looks like there's a possibility that federal unemployment benefits could be extended.  Now, I definitely have a selfish reason for it, but I know that DH and I can continue to make it on my salary alone and we have our families to fall back on.  His benefits just give some much needed breathing room.  

I am really scared for those people that don't have those safety measures.  Unemployment isn ot a lot of money and doesn't replace a working salary for anyone.  During the time before he could go back to school, DH found nearly NO jobs in his field and the ones he did never called him back (even to this day) with all of his certifications and 8 years of experience.  Plus, studies are finding that employers don't want to hire unemployed people.  It's rough out there right now and there are people that are suffering.

Re: Please cross your fingers

• Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers on this one.  So many people on the line to lose so much and those idiots in Washington are too busy pointing to the other side and saying "NO" to compromises that could work.  I really hope things work out for you guys on this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards