Wedding Woes

need resignation letter help

This is my first time submitting a written resignation, so I have basically no clue what I'm doing.  It doesn't need to be anything lengthy or fancy, since we don't even have an HR dept in this tiny office, but I want it be good closure on decent terms since, twatty secretary aside, my time here has been good and really helped me grow as an employee.

Here is what I have:

Dear Boss Lady,

Please accept this letter as official notice of my resignation from my position as [job]for [company] effective Thursday, June 30, 2011.

After careful consideration, I have decided that it is in my family’s best interest for me to stay home after the arrival of our first baby.

Thank you for the opportunity to work at [company]. I have learned a great deal during my time here. It has been a wonderful experience and I appreciate the support the company has provided me.  I hope to remain involved in the [company] community in the future.

I will be happy to do whatever I can to help during the transition of my resignation.

Sincerely,

L&R

br>imageimage
IF/Baby Blog
2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

Re: need resignation letter help

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know you were gonna be a SAHM.  Wow. 

Oh and the letter looks great too! :)
  • LnR70707LnR70707 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_need-resignation-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:4d7c1298-5bf2-4142-aba4-547bb7633f17Post:e4e2a42d-3948-43c4-a8c4-279736490e72">Re: need resignation letter help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't know you were gonna be a SAHM.  Wow.  Oh and the letter looks great too! :)
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

For now I am...I will probably start part time work for my Dad after Christmas.  I am basically burned the hell out here, and I get no maternity leave since it is a non-profit...so it was a good time to make a break.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that sounds very nice.
    i would change

"I will be happy to do whatever I can to help during the transition of my resignation."

to something like  "I will be happy to assist in finding and training my replacement"
    or "I will be happy to assist in the transition of my responsibilities"

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think that looks great.
  • dharmabunnydharmabunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good, with Barbie's suggestion.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I made Barbie's suggested changes.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    edited December 2011
    That is certainly exciting L&R.  Good for you! :)
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    honestly, i would take out the part about SAHM.  other than that, it looks great.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_need-resignation-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:4d7c1298-5bf2-4142-aba4-547bb7633f17Post:f9a3e26f-b333-4c51-9445-31ea7e54cf9f">Re: need resignation letter help</a>:
    [QUOTE]honestly, i would take out the part about SAHM.  other than that, it looks great.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

So I should leave out the explanation altogether?  I thought since I was leaving on good terms that should be included.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    if it goes south, it could be used against you. 
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome. I'm excited for you.

Working part time is AWESOME.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards