Wedding Woes

Sunscreen Q

Does anyone use the spray-on kind?  I love the convenience of it, but wonder if it protects as well as lotion.

DIsclaimer:  I am rarely out in the sun long enough to have need of major sunscreen coverage (save what's in my moisturizer and foundation), so I haven't really had a chance to do a comparison.

Re: Sunscreen Q

• notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

No, please not NIcole!

Just kidding - the thread about sunscreen from WZ's post made me think of it.  Carry on...

• baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yes, and I think it does okay. We use it mostly on Bacon - H and I don't go in the sun much - and when you can get it to spray correctly, it's awesomely easy. Most of the time, though, the nozzle doesn't spray right, and you end up having to rub it in anyway. 

Also, a PSA: If you have dry skin, DO NOT USE that Neutrogena Dry-Touch sunscreen. It will take your skin off in a series of eczemic flakes that itch and hurt and are just generally bad. 
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My experience with sunscreen spray is that it's twice as expensive and lasts half as long as lotion. Also it smells bad, and it's really hard to spray your back.
  • edited December 2011
    and it runs into your eyes if you put it on your face and then sweat.
  • edited December 2011
    H used the spray when we were in the desert last summer. Worked wonderfully.

It works well for me generally but under harsh conditions (like camping in the desert) I use sunblocks with high SPF and zinc. Gotta have the real barrier.

My color options are white, red, hospital.
  • laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I usally layer... about 1 hour before going out i put on lotion then right before getting out there i spray it.
    I LOVE the spray bc its easy and dries, lotion tends to make your skin clamy and sticky. The spray is also great for touch ups since its so easy.

Big drawback is the added expense plus you run out very qickly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The spray on stuff makes Autumn sticky and it takes my nail polish off. WTF @ that?
  • edited December 2011
    I've only used the Neutrogena spray on kind. It was too perfumey and a little tacky feeling.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    CW, I use a separate sunscreen just for faces. I never put regular stuff on my face - it either stings when you sweat, or it makes me break out like a mofo. 
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_sunscreen-q?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:56b262ad-5b92-466a-b485-74d979ea6a78Post:67881970-8ef0-4dbc-9fa5-608026603e2b">Re: Sunscreen Q</a>:
    [QUOTE]My color options are white, red, hospital.
    Posted by Mrs.Thistletwat[/QUOTE]

Ha!  This is me, too.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_sunscreen-q?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:56b262ad-5b92-466a-b485-74d979ea6a78Post:0e2efd5d-63f9-4676-a3c3-5bc657286b92">Re: Sunscreen Q</a>:
    [QUOTE]CW, I use a separate sunscreen just for faces. I never put regular stuff on my face - it either stings when you sweat, or it makes me break out like a mofo. 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]
    so do I, but I've tried the spray stuff on the part in my hair before and that was bad news bears right there.
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one experience I've had with it was negative. spray on spf 45 and I was burned so severely it hurt to move, much less wear clothes. Not so awesome on a FAMILY trip.

Stick with what you know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards