Wedding Woes

Because HS students don't think about sex ever.

No, their teachers obviously put these ideas in their heads.

By day, Judy Buranich is a respected veteran English teacher at Midd West High School. But after hours, she's Judy May, the author of well-regarded romantic fantasy novels peopled with sexy werewolves, aliens and vampires. See a problem? Neither do we. But, obviously, some parents feel this is grounds for dismissal, whether that makes any legal sense or not. Reports local news (quoting ABC)Parent Wendy Apple has a son in 10th grade at Midd West High School in Middleburg. His English teacher's name is Judy Buranich. Apple said she recently found out that after school Buranich has a second job; she writes erotic romance novels. "Now my son knows so how is he thinking when he's sitting in her class knowing what she does on the side," Apple said.

How she "found out" isn't made clear — clearly the author kept her lives separate enough to keep her private life private for 10 books, without corrupting any students — but what is is that she hasn't kept it to herself.

Says another outraged parent,

"She is teaching children that are under the age of 18 and definitely the books that she is writing are adult books. I think she needs to make a decision as to what she wants to do. Either be a school teacher or author," Stepp said."I was shocked. If you are a teacher you shouldn't be doing that," said former student Shanette Apple.

Hm, wonder who her mother is?

The pearl-clutching is tiresome and depressing and we hope it brings readers to the author's work. But almost as baffling: has no one seen 10 Things I Hate About You?

Re: Because HS students don't think about sex ever.

• AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think she needs to make a decision as to what she wants to do. Either be a school teacher or author

99%* of English teachers either want to be authors or are authors.

*non-scientific guesstimate.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I hpoe the mom burnt every copy of a book contain anything by Roald Dahl or Shiel SIlverstein in it...
    seeing as they both wrote for playboy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards