Wedding Woes

I feel like a person who saves peesticks

We finally got Des off of the pacifier, yet I can not bring myself to throw them away. LIke I want to put them in a memory box or something. I know better, yet I can not make my hand release the things over the trash can. I think I'm just sad because he is growing up. :(

This is particularly bad because there is a risk he could find them and decide he wants them again. They're fairly well-hidden, but 2yos manage to find things you don't want them to.

Re: I feel like a person who saves peesticks

• Can't you keep just one? Please?  Blame it on me.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I still have some pacifiers. I have other little random things from when DS was an infant that I can't part with. And I do have them in a box in his closet. I'm sure when they are disintegrating in 5 years then I'll be able to throw some of that stuff but for now, I keep it.
  • If you want to keep one, maybe dip it in something yucky before you put it away (in case he finds it).

My nephew fought going off the paci pretty hard. He even went so far as to try to use one of his sisters....but it didn't "taste right" so he gave up the one he found of her's pretty quickly.
  • Don't worry. I had a pang when Allie's cord stump fell off. Yes, I (very, very, VERY briefly) considered saving a scab.
  • I've had to get rid of a lot of sentimental things over the years b/c I've had to move a lot and had to be able to fit everything in my car. So . . . I developed a system. If it was something I would absolutely have no need of again and it was just taking up space, then I would take some pictures of it and keep them on my computer as a memory. It's not quite the same as the real thing, but it works!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_i-feel-like-a-person-who-saves-peesticks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:65674fe8-b96b-4987-a6e7-61121cfef95ePost:02d9254a-58c8-4c3d-9d65-cf06f8f6d0db">Re: I feel like a person who saves peesticks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't worry. I had a pang when Allie's cord stump fell off. Yes, I (very, very, VERY briefly) considered saving a scab.
    Posted by TheDuckis[/QUOTE]

I was the same way.  We took a lot of pics and then ditched it. 
  • You all have photo albums full of stump cord pics?  For realz?

Although when I broke my ankle in high school there was a lot of bruising and then when the first round of bandages came off, so did a HUGE chunk of skin off of my foot, including all of that thick heel callous skin - in one piece!  I still kind of wish I had a picture of that. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have a photo album per se, but we have the pictures downloaded on our computer.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

I do have stump pictures. And peestick pictures. I did not keep either of those actual items.

I did decide to save one pacifier in the memory box. I already took a picture of them. And put it on the family blog.  What? It's a big deal over here!

• i kept the stump.  sometimes i mix it in with dh's change, wallet and watch so when he's getting ready in the morning, he discovers it and freaks out.

• My dog ate the stump. It was stuck on a onesie, and I had no idea. As I was changing him, it fell of the clothes and my dog gobbled it up like manna from heaven.
  • WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    i kept the stump. i couldn't bring myself to throw it away. i'm not sentimental over much, but this was something i wanted to save.
  • You all are nasty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards