July 2012 Weddings

Found our flower girl dress and ? about head table...

So my 9yo future step daughter and I have very different opinions about dresses we liked.I agree that she needs to like it, but it needs to be something I can tolerate too. So we went to Burlington CF to look at dresses. Tried them on there before, but I wanted to try her in a 14 instead of a 12. That way if I knew a 14 was big, but not too big, it should fit fine. We got to the aisle and they just got a new stock of dresses in. We agreed on one right away and we talked FI into buying it. It was only $49! So excited! Spaghetti strap and comes with a cute little coat.

Also, my question is we plan on doing a couple head tables. We'll have a sweetheart table for us, then a table for the GMs and a table for the BMs, with their dates. I got wine glasses for the wedding party. Would it be bad if their dates don't get them too, because they are at the same table. (Not that they won't be toasting, they just won't have the nice glass wine glasses we got)
Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development

Re: Found our flower girl dress and ? about head table...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_found-flower-girl-dress-head-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:596a89fe-a888-4bc4-b79f-9c60e197c76dPost:ef46ecc4-c748-409b-8e15-636d01f4e292">Found our flower girl dress and ? about head table...</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>Also, my question is we plan on doing a couple head tables. We'll have a sweetheart table for us, then a table for the GMs and a table for the BMs, with their dates.</strong> I got wine glasses for the wedding party. Would it be bad if their dates don't get them too, because they are at the same table. (Not that they won't be toasting, they just won't have the nice glass wine glasses we got)
    Posted by mandctaft[/QUOTE]

This is no longer a head table, it's just tables that your WP happen to be sitting at.  A head table is a long table at the front of the room where your guests see the B&G and their respective WP facing them.
    As far as the glasses go.  I'm a strong believer that EVERYONE gets the same thing at a wedding, if you want to give your WP gifts that's fine, and most ppl do but that should be behind closed doors, so if your giving your WP nice wineglasses, that's fine but you should give them before the wedding not during dinner.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • I am doing a similar lay out with the two tables of GM's and BM's right in front of us or beside us.  They will be with their dates and there might be a few other people mixed in depending on table space, maybe one other couple.  I might give my girls wine glasses but that will be at the RD and they probably won't bring them to the wedding.  

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards