Wedding Woes

Contract Bait and Switch

We signed and faxed a contract with our ceremony location back in October. The agreed fee was $500. I got a voicemail the other day saying that they made a mistake and the fee is really $3000! WTF?!

After many phone calls they have dropped the price to 1200; still not what we were expecting to pay. We don't know what to do now. *sigh*

Re: Contract Bait and Switch

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does the contract clearly state $500, or did you misread/misunderstand what was there? If it was your misunderstanding there's not much you can do, and you're lucky they reduced it by more than half. If it was their mistake, you should hold them to what's written in the contract. If they won't uphold their agreement you're free to find another location.
  • edited December 2011
    Please tell me you kept a copy of the contract with your signatures AND THEIR SIGNATURES.
  • LarissaAnnLarissaAnn member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a contract with signatures and all the terms set out for $500, they're on the hook for $500.  If they try to breach, you can get an injunction forcing them to stick to the terms of the contract.  Not the way you really want to plan a wedding, but there it is.

Are they also supplying food or anything else, or just location?  If it's just location, I'd fight for sure.  If they're supposed to supply food and other things for the wedding, you need to weigh your options and whether you think they'll screw you out of quality for fighting them.  It wouldn't be right, but it's something to think about.
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have the signed (you and them) contract that says $500, that is legally what the price is unless their is a clause in the contract that allows the fees to be raised without notice.  If that's the case, I'm not sure what to tell you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards