Wedding Woes

Unsupportive Mom

I got engaged 4 days ago and I am so excited to start planning my wedding. I'm 24 and this is me and my fiance's first (and hopefully only) wedding.  My Mom is the least excited person out of all of our family and friends. Since we didn't wait til we were married to do certain things, my mom doesn't see why we should even bother having a wedding because now it "isn't special anymore" and "doesn't it bother me that I didn't wait". I don't know how to handle this and I don't know how to approach the situation. My dad is excited and wants to start the planning process. Any ideas on how to deal with her comments and how to handle the situation? Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
image 17 can't find the mailbox
RSVP Date: October 20

Re: Unsupportive Mom

• zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_unsupportive-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:6b69ff7d-2016-4317-8021-d095e267043aPost:b8dd466d-48b0-40d3-835d-d3a986febf4b">Unsupportive Mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got engaged 4 days ago and I am so excited to start planning my wedding. I'm 24 and this is me and my fiance's first (and hopefully only) wedding.  My Mom is the least excited person out of all of our family and friends. Since we didn't wait til we were married to do certain things, my mom doesn't see why we should even bother having a wedding because now it "isn't special anymore" and "doesn't it bother me that I didn't wait". I don't know how to handle this and I don't know how to approach the situation. My dad is excited and wants to start the planning process. Any ideas on how to deal with her comments and how to handle the situation? Thank you!
    Posted by YoungDuo[/QUOTE]

Just say "I'm sorry you feel tht way" and plan your wedding with your dad.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome your mom to the 20th century and move on..Really there is always going to be an upset person about these kinds of events but you can either let that ruin your special day or let them do what they want and have to live with their desision.
    I vote for have fun, plan and enjoy your day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards