July 2012 Weddings
Options

I'm married!! Long recap (Lots of PIP!!!) (sorry for the delay!)

The wedding was amazing!

I was going to give you all the details of the day before and the day of and it got so long!  So I'll just go with this: The theme of the day was being late.

I'll PIP and put the recap after!

One of my BMs getting her hair done.  Doesn't it look awesome?

I look like cousin IT

In my dress!

Waiting in the bridal room:

Trying not to cry!

Saying our vows

KISS!

Mr & Mrs!

Bridal Party

Cake up my nose

I had a few drinks in front of me

First Dance

And one of my favorites

I woke up at 7:30am.  The night before my MOH slept over at the house and it was great to have her there because I didn't stress at all the night before!  MOH made me eat which was great and it was so much fun to have all the girls come to the house and have breakfast there and our hair done at the house.  It was so much more relaxed to have our hair done at home.  And I had time to get my dress steamed while waiting to have my hair done.

It was POURING from when I woke up until just before we left for the church.

When the flowers arrived I teared up seeing my bouquet.  It made it so real!  They had to do my hair two times before they got it right and it stressed me out a bit but it looked so perfect when it was done!  My MOH did my make up and it looked amazing!

We were 15 minutes late getting to the church and that stressed me out.  But once we got there it was great!

We lined up and I knew I was going to cry.  I started tearing up before we walked down and I cried the whole way down the aisle.  But as soon as I got up on the alter with FI, I just stopped.  We were so terrible.  We laughed the entire time and didn't really pay attention at all to the readings or anything.  I did not cry at all during our vows.  It was perfect!

The kicker was, after the ceremony, the sun came out!  It was suppose to rain all day!  I was so happy!

We got all our pictures taken inside and I wanted some in front of the stainglass.  I went to sit on DH's lap and THERE WERE PINS STILL IN MY DRESS!  I was so mad!  We took two out and one was SEWN into the dress!

We got the rest of the pictures taken and went to the hotel to freshen up and of course, we were late again to the reception but no one knew that since we were announced 15 min after cocktail hour started and were only there a couple minutes after 5.

The cake cutting was great.  The cake slipped out of DH's hand and smeared my face.  I knew he didn't mean to do it but I still had to stick some on his nose.  He still had some in his hand so he tried to give me the rest but decided it would be easier to just smash it into my face so the crumbs went up my nose!  There are so great pictures of that.

Cocktail hour and dinner were great.  We tried to mingle but we had no time at all!  No idea how.  The BM's speech was so long!  But my MOH didn't give a speach so it was ok and it was very cute and funny.

After dinner we took some more family pictures then had our first dance which was so wonderful.  I thought I'd cry but I didn't!  Then dancing started and it was great!!

The only glitch of the whole night was the garter was left at the church!  We had to MAKE one on the spot.  I was so ticked off and I still kind of am but it's kind of becoming funny now.

After the reception was over DH decided that he had to go out afterward.  I was so tired but I got to spend more time with people who came in for the wedding so it was great.  We finally got back to the hotel at about 12:30am and it started storming soon after we got there.  No rain when it counted!  So wonderful!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: I'm married!! Long recap (Lots of PIP!!!) (sorry for the delay!)

• Options
    Yay, your pictures are amazing and it sounds like you had a beautiful day, congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You were a gorgeous bride! I'm glad everything went well, other than the garter :) But of all things to go wrong, that's probably the most minor you could have asked for! So glad the rain held off!

Yea, DH totally got cake up my nose too lol I somehow inhaled it and...well, I won't paint a picture for you. But I did end up blowing my nose, again about an hour later and cake flew out LOL We also had a chance of rain all day, but the sky didn't open until we were leaving the reception to go to the hotel :) The universe must like us! haha
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_im-married-long-recap-lots-of-pip-sorry-for-the-delay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:59c8b7a2-4cb9-4a59-a2bd-65f296761bb7Post:2aef0e4f-d2f3-4465-91ff-a4f19a311fb3">Re: I'm married!! Long recap (Lots of PIP!!!) (sorry for the delay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]You were a gorgeous bride! I'm glad everything went well, other than the garter :) But of all things to go wrong, that's probably the most minor you could have asked for! So glad the rain held off! Yea, DH totally got cake up my nose too lol I somehow inhaled it and...well, I won't paint a picture for you. <strong>But I did end up blowing my nose, again about an hour later and cake flew out</strong> LOL We also had a chance of rain all day, but the sky didn't open until we were leaving the reception to go to the hotel :) <strong>The universe must like us!</strong> haha
    Posted by owengirl996[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA I blew my nose then and totally got it all out!

And yes, I think it does! =D
  • Options
    Congrats! Sounds like a great day and your pictures are great.
  • Options
    You look beautiful and your day sounds like it went great! Love the color of your bm dreSses!
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    Congrats! Your pictures are beautiful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Schatzi, they surprised me with the photog being there early enough to do that and I'm so glad she was!  It was great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards