Wedding Woes

Complicated cyst?

I had been having some pain on my left ovary around the time I ovulated, so I called the gyno and he suggested I come in for a US.

I got the results today and it turns out I have a very small complicated cyst. The nurse said it shouldn't affect me getting pregnant or anything else. She also said they'll check it in 3 months to make sure it hasn't grown, but realistically, it'll probably go away on it's own.

Anyone else have one of these?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Complicated cyst?

• DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's the difference between a "complicated" cyst and a regular cyst?  Is that like a Dermoid cyst? Those are cool.

Anyway, as far as I know, the cyst I had was just a regular one. It went away on its own.  It was back when I was on the pill, and I basically semi-ovulated because I wasn't religious about taking the pills at exactly the same minute every day. 

• loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's like a blood cyst, from what the nurse said.
  • AnasaraAnasara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have PCOS according to all my tests but am one of the weirdos that have never actually had a cyst.  Still, monitoring it like your doc is doing seems to be the norm.  Hopefully it resolves on its own.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear they're a little painful but mainly just annoying.
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A tiny bit painful. Like menstrual cramps a little. But I'm sure it's fine.
  • SchmoopitaSchmoopita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A simple cyst is fluid filled, a complex cyst has internal structures. They can be a dermoid, endometrioma, etc. or nothing of concern. If they are small, it's usually a wait-and-see approach. If it's causing pain and/or growing, then treatment to remove. I'm not sure if a few rounds of BCP can help, I can't remember if they help complex cysts or not.  I've had endometriomas in the past, treated by laparoscopy.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a 3cm cyst back in December and ended up in the hospital. Not sure if it was "complicated" but it did resolve on it's own as far as I know. I'm not getting the pain a bloating that I had in Dec. Based on my GYN's advice, most cysts will resolve on their own and it generally takes up to 4-6 weeks  to run it's course.

Please monitor it and if you continue to have pain and symptoms worsen over the next month or so, go back to the Dr. One of my friends had a large cyst (at least 6-7cm) and the Drs refused to treat it. It ended up bursting and caused a ton of health issues for her.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the term you're looking for might be "complex cyst".  Hope the pain settles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards