Washington-Seattle
Options

Cheap Wedding Venues?

I have fallen in love with Shangri-la (a wedding venue in Enumclaw). However, the cost is more than I wanted to spend on a venue. The price is $1,200 plus an $800 refundable deposit for the required three-day rental. This is within my total budget but it is a little more than I wanted to spend on the venue, especially considering that I MAY have to rent a giant tent since the wedding is outdoors in June.

Sooooo... Does anyone know of a cheaper wedding venue that is less than a 2 hour drive from Puyallup? Also, what do you all think about the tent issue? Is having a wedding outdoors at the end of June too risky?

Re: Cheap Wedding Venues?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Woah...sorry for saying, "its a little more than I wanted to spend" twice. At least you get my point :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Centralia is about 1 hour out of Puyallup, and the venue I'm using costs $800 for a wedding under 200 ppl on a Saturday, or $600 on a Sunday or Friday. It is an indoor venue, but it's a historic hotel (thus I'm not paying for additional decor!) It is also in the middle of historic down town.
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Robinswood House in Bellevue and Clise Mansion in Redmond both have large, beautiful spaces for outdoor weddings or a tented wedding/reception.

I've heard of a nice outdoor venue in Auburn somewhere, but I can't recall the name.

And yes, if I were you I would get a tent. Weather is never that predictable around here, and I can't imagine what I would do if it rained and I had no tent. That is one of the reasons I decided on a fall wedding in an indoor venue - figured I'd have to have a tent anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i really love shangrila! what kind of venue are you looking for?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just FIY, Robinswood is $1600 for a Saturday & they do two weddings a day there.  And you have to rent their chairs, which is an additional cost.  Clise Mansion is pricier.  Both are beautiful though.  SaraAnn, you got an amazing deal!  Robinswood was the cheapest I found.  Most venues I looked at were around the $3000 range, barf.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sarack- I think we have talked about this before :) I love shangri-la, too. They let me have my own caterer, I can bring in my own alcohol, it's beautiful, and (most importantly) my guests have room to roam (as a guest, I hate going to weddings where I am stuffed in some community room). There are only two things I don't love about shangri-la- The price, and the fact that I am probably going to have to rent a tent (which is a huuuuge chunk out of my 5k budget!). Everything else is just perfect. It seems that the majority of potential wedding venues are more expensive than shangri-la. So maybe the real question is, where can I get a cheap tent? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How large do you think your guest list will be? If you can cut things down to 150 a number of cheaper venues start to open up.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    150 might be a plausible guest list. Right now we are looking at between 150 and 200 people. 
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would start looking into parks instead of private facilities. Do you really want a garden? Or would you be cool with a beach? Alki or Golden Gardens bath houses in Seattle are very affordable, and the Golden Gardens one is especially nice.

Isn't there a Pavillion down in Puyallup that is very popular?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Point Defiance park in Tacoma? Their website says it closes after sunset but maybe they have different rules for rentals, or maybe a daytime wedding is an option. It's $125/hour, which is at least the same price as Shangri-la for 8 hours of setup/reception/teardown, but with no deposit (you'd probably have to buy an insurance policy for $100 or so). And you may spend a bit more on rentals, or need to enlist relatives to do some of the setup & teardown.

http://www.metroparkstacoma.org/page.php?id=24

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    ghbrideghbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

www.youandmebythesea.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards