Washington-Seattle

places to try on plus size gowns?

hi all - has anyone had luck with a particular bridal shop having a selection of plus size gowns to try on?  I'm really dreading the dress shopping process as the first shop I went to had ONE gown in a size 16 and nothing else over a size 10.  I'm not a size 16 but she tried to squeeze me into it (even though it wasn't a style I liked) because it was the only dress she had that I could even try to get on.  Needless to say, this experience wasn't fun at all.

Any shop suggestions in Seattle or PDX would be greatly appriciated.

Re: places to try on plus size gowns?

• It's probably not the suggestion you want to hear, but I found a lot of dresses at David's Bridal. I was kinda against them, and went because I hadn't gone to any shops yet, but I really liked what I saw.
  • David's bridal is a great suggestion. Even if you don't buy your dress there, they have a good selection of plus size dresses to try on so you can get an idea as to what styles you like. Also try Alfred Angelo in Southcenter, and Princess Bridal in Bothell- they had a good number of plus size dresses too. Good luck on your search! Remember, even though it doesn't feel like it, there are many, many plus size Brides. You are not alone!! But you will find a fabulous dress and look great on the big day! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards