Wedding Woes

How does one follow up about this?

2»

Re: How does one follow up about this?

• edited December 2011
    I'm not going anywhere in a huff I just don't understand why so many people have to be rude on here all the time.  And is that Kuus question to me?  Cause like I said I'm new and don't know all the lingo yet...Foot in mouth
    Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain....
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_one-follow-up-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:83a14138-5016-4123-b569-ca9428be405ePost:7f14c0c8-9938-4d0e-b932-be61f0a43fed">Re: How does one follow up about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]y'all, we are using the internet WRONG!
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

You are just proving my point...no need
  • edited December 2011
    So, let's change the subject.

Reg, why don't you tell us about yourself since you are new. When is your wedding?
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two pages!! YAY!!

Again, reg, you may want to lurk before you post in any community online.  Also, if you don't like the pace/feel/responses you get on the national  boards, you may want to try your local board.  They tend to be 'nicer'.
  • edited December 2011
    It's 7/31 of this year.  Should be sweet.  Beach theme, reception is set driectly across from the ocean on the north shore of Mass.
  • edited December 2011
    Did you invite Dave Matthews?
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_one-follow-up-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:83a14138-5016-4123-b569-ca9428be405ePost:a7276453-e167-409e-97f5-f8f0e874308a">Re: How does one follow up about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does one follow up about this? : Are you being serious or just being <strong>sarchastic</strong>? And Min-there is no need to be rude.  I am new here so I'm sorry if I think that a public forum should be used for what the name of the public forum is.  Wedding woes.  I'm not really seeing very many posts about wedding woes on this board.  It seems like more of your group posting about what they ate for breakfast or what they are watching on tv.  I thought that was what facebook and twitter were for.  Not the knot message boards. So sue me for evidently being a "numb nut".
    Posted by regfalange[/QUOTE]

guys, you better stop with the <em><strong>sarchasm</strong></em> before the earth swallows you whole for abusing the interwebz
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_one-follow-up-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:83a14138-5016-4123-b569-ca9428be405ePost:6293c7f9-9902-4a50-b5ed-6b4910c3abf2">Re: How does one follow up about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you invite Dave Matthews?
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

Seriously are you trying to be a bitch? Is it really worth it? If you are serious, then yes I did.  I can shrink him and he lives in my pocket and plays me private concerts in my bedroom at night.  If not, then grow up, you are being obnoxious.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read this:

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_one-follow-up-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:83a14138-5016-4123-b569-ca9428be405ePost:77825863-de91-416f-b42d-f39509e7aa93">Re: How does one follow up about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE] and plays me private concerts in my bedroom at night
    Posted by regfalange[/QUOTE]

as: and plays my private parts....

heh
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_one-follow-up-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:83a14138-5016-4123-b569-ca9428be405ePost:0fb61367-23fb-49fd-89cb-551a898c4d13">Re: How does one follow up about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read this: In Response to Re: How does one follow up about this? : as: and plays my private parts.... heh
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

Well I wish...no joke
  • newmfbrnewmfbr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't always understand when it is or isn't a serious post either.  I've been lurking quite a while.

While I think it would be rude to ask a person if they gave you a gift I do follow up when I don't get a thank you note within six months.  On at least three occasions over the years I have sent gifts that were quite expensive that never reached the bride. 

My FSIL thinks if he spends the money to attend/be in a wedding for one of his friends in another city that he has done enough.  My daughter sends a gift when she has been invited to and attended his friends' weddings because she knows that is the right thing to do. 
  • edited December 2011
    I hope his bus doesn't dump human waste on the rest of your guests!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards