Wedding Woes

revisiting old posts

Our resident Rhodes scholar, Chelsea124, fails to comprehend either a) what C&P means, or b) that if you address the OP in a C&P, she'll never hear you.  It's the sound of one hand clapping, Chelsea.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_birth-stories

"OP, I'm sorry you're going through a hard time (or went through, and can't forget about? not sure). It's very easy to feel vulnerable and lonely in this situation. I would be the same way (although I don't expect this to happen to me). I would jump out of that bed and drop kick FI's ass if he tried to leave right after I delivered his child. Sadly, this is something you will probably never forgive, or forget. Don't spend time questioning it, it will just force you to think about it more than you need to. There's nothing you can change about it, so maybe you should talk to H, tell him how you feel, and move on. You'll probably regret it and blame yourself if you let this affect your entire marriage.

Good luck in marriage & life."

Re: revisiting old posts

• loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Again?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's probably a good thing the OP won't see that, since it's horrible advice.
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That one ate paint chips as a kid.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_revisiting-old-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:891ac02b-6008-4d49-acb4-de6067bfbe59Post:720a6ff4-f5fe-4274-ab89-d1c1619c4fea">Re: revisiting old posts</a>:
    [QUOTE]That one ate paint chips as a kid.
    Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE]

Or was dropped on her head as a baby.
  • edited December 2011
    is this the same one that responded to your other C&P? She must really think you're a mess, lol. Poor dear anyways.
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Both, really. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_revisiting-old-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:891ac02b-6008-4d49-acb4-de6067bfbe59Post:c8964112-3af3-4bf3-9d16-9477fb919aa6">Re: revisiting old posts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: revisiting old posts : Or was dropped on her head as a baby.
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

The only drop you if they love you. I'm betting she was thrown.
  • Chelsea124Chelsea124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've honestly never had anyone be this mean to me in my entire life.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't understand why you're so mean. Sorry I don't spend all my time on the knot learning the hip new abreviations.

If someone really was going through a hard time, I would give them actually advice rather than grilling their ass for everyone to see. When someone asks for advice like that, they usually want reassurance and compassion. Since the rest of you are b*tches, I just thought I would leave some nice comments for once. Sorry I didn't know it was a copy and paste (I think.)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_revisiting-old-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:891ac02b-6008-4d49-acb4-de6067bfbe59Post:8a9d5cf0-15ed-4ef7-9a37-39899a3ce313">Re: revisiting old posts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really don't understand why you're so mean. Sorry I don't spend all my time on the knot learning the hip new abreviations. If someone really was going through a hard time, I would give them actually advice rather than grilling their ass for everyone to see. When someone asks for advice like that, they usually want reassurance and compassion. Since the rest of you are b*tches, I just thought I would leave some nice comments for once. Sorry I didn't know it was a copy and paste (I think.)
    Posted by Chelsea124[/QUOTE]

Let's forget internet abbreviations and go back to highschool and before. I learned to follow literary clues if I didn't immediately understand something.
  • edited December 2011
    You ladies give me a good laugh.  I know that weddings bring out the bitch in everyone, but come on, really?  Talk about insecurity....bashing other people for the fun of it reeks of ignorance. Glad you ladies are having fun with it though!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_revisiting-old-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:891ac02b-6008-4d49-acb4-de6067bfbe59Post:056561f4-8278-44b9-b9e7-f4a7101b5984">Re: revisiting old posts</a>:
    [QUOTE]You ladies give me a good laugh.  I know that weddings bring out the bitch in everyone, but come on, really?  Talk about insecurity....bashing other people for the fun of it reeks of ignorance. Glad you ladies are having fun with it though!
    Posted by alacin12[/QUOTE]

You know what else is ignorant? Walking in on a conversation you clearly don't understand and judging it.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what doesn't she understand about it? you guys get all your fun by bashing others. And that's exactly what you're doing. As I've seen so posted so many times from you guys "IT'S A PUBLIC BOARD."
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Idiots don't get coddled. People with actual problems get sympathy and support. Even you have seen that, though I doubt you'll admit it. What she doesn't get is that you walked in here with your cape on, fighting for beebee justice everywhere. All beebees have the right to be coddled and snuggled and told they're right!
  • edited December 2011
    Haha....it had nothing to do with the actual conversation....it's a general theme, and I find it hilarious.  I was just vocalizing an observation that I've made, not fighting for anything or anyone. I'm not trying to stop you, it's quite comical and provides me with entertainment. I very much enjoy when ignorant people rely on sarcasm and sub par wit to make a point.  Carry on.... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards