Wedding Woes
Options

::Sigh::

Everyone around here is freaking out about the snow that is coming.  I had to go to Walmart (It was the closest store to Son's school) to get toilet paper.  If we are going to get the predicted 13 inches, getting snowed in with one roll to last 3 people 3 days is asking for disaster.

It was a madhouse.  Crazy busy at 8:15am.  And I had to get a cart because I had DD and gig kid and there was no way I was carrying them, even if I only needed TP.

Also, this storm WILL hit us and it's my fault.  I was going on and on to my mom yesterday about how Son hasn't had a single snow day this school year and it's got to be a record because we usually have 5 by now and blah, blah, blah.  So I jinxed it and I apologize.

Re: ::Sigh::

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Um, can you jinx me, too? We've had way too few snow days, IMO. Someone's going to die on the way to school, the way they've been all "It's on, come hell freezing over or high snow!" 
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

It really hasn't been bad this year here.  I'd rather get Son to school when it's 20 below than make him go into mid-June.  But as I said, the roads haven't been un-driveable here yet.

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_sigh-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:8c3cc80f-3c7f-4d3c-91db-31b25ca1d10cPost:f53343f3-cd0d-4f70-a9a5-7a9b19761214">Re: ::Sigh::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, can you jinx me, too? We've had way too few snow days, IMO. Someone's going to die on the way to school, the way they've been all "It's on, come hell freezing over or high snow!" 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]

Ugh, this is my issue.
    I've already told boss that if we git hit, I dont' care if we close or not, I can't make it.

Boss is good about that though.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't get snow days.  Plusalso, it's WINTER, we're supposed to get snow.  AND it's happening over more than a day, so it's shouldn't be THAT bad.

But yes, you are a brave brave soul to venture to walmart.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're supposed to get hit pretty hard tomorrow. The FEMA guys on the news said that people in our area should stock up. Really? At most we will be affected for two days. Do people really not have enough things in their house to last them two whole days? H is going to the store and god bless in soul.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thank goodness we know the snow never sticks around for more than 2 days. We're back in the 40s by Friday. 

I'm just worried one of these stupid storms will hit when we're supposed to go to Phoenix. It would be our luck. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards